Toyota Camry destroyed me civic wtf

Myx

Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

The TRD Camry keeps up pretty well with the Type R. The 1.5T is going to need more than a tune to try to compete with it.
Too funny! Type R FTW! May as well have the Type R go up against the new Toyota RAV4 Prime, since the Prime handed the Toyota Camry TRD its arse. I only have the old school Toyota RAV4 V6 but will happily race Type R. :p

Advertisement

jakdotdot

Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Too funny! Type R FTW! May as well have the Type R go up against the new Toyota RAV4 Prime, since the Prime handed the Toyota Camry TRD its arse. I only have the old school Toyota RAV4 V6 but will happily race Type R. :p

That race was done a mile above sea level...

Myx

Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Reaction score
Car(s)
99 Civic DX, 16 EXT Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Trd Camry. LOL! Can't beat the 2.0 Accord. Sure the Civics not a drag car. I went heads up against a Chevy Silverado rocky ridge edition, a new Jeep (not a Cherokee) probably V6, and the last one recently an Infiniti G37x. All were off the line. None of these cars could pull away from me. I have no idea what my 0-60 time is, but I figure it must be under 6 sec considering what I was up against.
I did recently d/l the app called Drag Racer, it's GPS based and I know the accuracy could be off but I got a time of 5.6 to 60 and 1/4 mile of 14.6. This car is definitely faster at the bottom end but drops off at the top end.

CrippleRipple

Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag

Very interesting addition, looks like they really like the Accord 2.0T for testing!

Look at the pretty big power difference & how little it matters at only about 200LBS heavier.
The Touring model is also the heaviest Accord at around 3,428LBS & the Ecoboost Mustang at around 3,600LBS.

Just thought it was fitting for this thread!

MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
When my Si was stock, I ran against my cousins 2018 TLX A-spec. From a dig, he got me by about 3 cars. After a TSP tune, I was behind by half a car.

I'm not sure which is faster between a Camry and TLX, but it wouldn't surprise me if a "Camry" would have done the same to my Si. I think that 3.5 engine is what they also use in the IS 350?

Edit: when I ran my cousin again, I had intercooler and Mishimoto intake as well. I'm sure those helped close the gap.

Myx

Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Advertisement

Advertisement