Towing

Dew2Far

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I located the front towing point but can't locate a rear tow hook. Living in a winter climate, it's always good to have one just in case. Does anyone know if there is a rear tow point on our cars?
Sponsored

Abramumum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic sedan LX CVT
Where's the front one? I was under there looking for a tie-off point, and didn't find anything that wasn't plastic..

But for an answer to your question, any tow driver that knows their job will get it done. Those guys are accustomed to a vast variety of odd vehicle configurations.

OP
OP

Dew2Far

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
The front tow point is recessed underneath the passenger's side of the engine area. You need to look for it because it is not obvious. I also know that a tow driver could extricate my vehicle from a snow bank or ditch by whatever means necessary but that's not the point. I want to know that if I get stuck driving down my street after a blizzard that my neighbor in his truck can pull my ass out. Honda used to have recovery hooks/eyelets just under the rear bumper...no longer the case. The cars also do not have the European-style bumper tow point (whereas you screw in a big-ass eye bolt and hook the shackle, rigging hook, etc.)

I hate to say it but I'm starting to wonder if an engineer completely forgot it when designing the car.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
It looks like there isn't one.

They've stopped putting the rear hooks around 2010; that's why you see a bunch of civics with rear aftermarket tow hooks lol.

I guess their logic is since the car shouldn't be towed from the back, no need to put a tow point.

89AKurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 1969 Chevrolet C-10 pickup
Country flag

I hate to say it but I'm starting to wonder if an engineer completely forgot it when designing the car.
That's an understatement! I got high-centered on snow, looked at the Owner Manual, basically said called professional tow truck. Freaking ridiculous to omit such a feature.

RallyeRedHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On the Sport, the tow hook receiver is behind this panel. Tow hook is in trunk with spare.

Honda Civic 10th gen Towing Rear Bumper Cropped
Sponsored