Touring Windshield Replacement recalibration

steviiee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
That is so expensive. I had my windshield replaced for $220 at a third party and then my sensing recalibrated for $187 from an actual honda dealership.
Sponsored

FC1E5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
That is so expensive. I had my windshield replaced for $220 at a third party and then my sensing recalibrated for $187 from an actual honda dealership.
If you ever need to replace your windshield again shop around honda dealerships for prices on windshield + recalibration, and recalibration only. The cheapest I’ve seen is 1.0hr shop time.

OP
OP
Daniel776

Daniel776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks everyone, i got that fixed, it cost a shit load of money, but here we are LOL ...

Every time I hear a tap on the glass, I hold my breath, but my sensing is working fine, they replace the wipers for "free" and fixed the rubber that was falling out of my door.

I did contact my insurance about going the Honda route and they were not to keen, so I had to wait for Speedy Glass!

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just happens to me...i have the sensing crap and decided that to go the cheaper route and bought the base hatch windshield....
Lost all my gadgets sensing stuff....even my cruise control
But hey...i didnt even use none of these crap
Now i just have to erase the 3 codes appearing everytime i start my car....not that bad...cost me 450$ windshield ,install and smoked my sidd markers

ziggs90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring - Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
Alright, so I too had my windshield replaced. American Auto Glass put a new (non OEM) one in, and sent me to Honda for recalibration. My dealer quoted *THREE* HOURS labor for recalibration, and then after I waited the full three hours, they claimed they could not calibrate it because it isn't Honda glass. I called American Auto Glass and they of course said there is nothing wrong with the glass, and sent me to another glass company that can do calibration. ClearShield Glass couldn't complete the calibration either, but blamed it on my aftermarket wheels, claiming that the vehicle height was outside the acceptable range. (fun fact, ClearShield glass said they normally do calibration in 20-30 minutes)

At this point, I can either try another Honda dealer, or I can go back to ClearShield with some jacks and use them to put the vehicle at the appropriate height for calibration. OR go back to my insurance company and insist on Honda glass. There's also the possibility that my Honda Sensing Camera was damaged during installation of my new glass? and maybe that's the issue? This whole thing is a nightmare.

Any advice??

sypha923

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring Sedan, 2006 Honda Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Some of these replies are why I am living with the crack which seems to have stopped growing.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright, so I too had my windshield replaced. American Auto Glass put a new (non OEM) one in, and sent me to Honda for recalibration. My dealer quoted *THREE* HOURS labor for recalibration, and then after I waited the full three hours, they claimed they could not calibrate it because it isn't Honda glass. I called American Auto Glass and they of course said there is nothing wrong with the glass, and sent me to another glass company that can do calibration. ClearShield Glass couldn't complete the calibration either, but blamed it on my aftermarket wheels, claiming that the vehicle height was outside the acceptable range. (fun fact, ClearShield glass said they normally do calibration in 20-30 minutes)

At this point, I can either try another Honda dealer, or I can go back to ClearShield with some jacks and use them to put the vehicle at the appropriate height for calibration. OR go back to my insurance company and insist on Honda glass. There's also the possibility that my Honda Sensing Camera was damaged during installation of my new glass? and maybe that's the issue? This whole thing is a nightmare.

Any advice??
you have to have the real Honda oem windshield so the camera and black box fit into the windshield......i traded in my car and the dealer had to change back the hole windshield and reprogramed that sensing stuff if they wanted to sell my old car.......too much pain in the ass...thats why i drove without sensing stuff.......if you have the money put the right windshield back on...if not....run your car without all that crap

BogdanM

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Plus 1.5 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the windshield replaced ~2 months ago in a Honda dealership (with a factory one) and there was no recalibration needed. I have even asked them if it needs to be done and they said nope, everything should work as it previously did. So far they are indeed working as expected, everything from collision avoidance to high beam assistant works normally. Even the rain sensing wipers, they are as bad at it as they have been since day one. :)

ziggs90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had the windshield replaced ~2 months ago in a Honda dealership (with a factory one) and there was no recalibration needed. I have even asked them if it needs to be done and they said nope, everything should work as it previously did. So far they are indeed working as expected, everything from collision avoidance to high beam assistant works normally. Even the rain sensing wipers, they are as bad at it as they have been since day one. :)
You got lucky!! I tried mine and nothing worked after the windshield replacement. And yes - the rain sensing wipers drive me crazy! haha

ziggs90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
you have to have the real Honda oem windshield so the camera and black box fit into the windshield......i traded in my car and the dealer had to change back the hole windshield and reprogramed that sensing stuff if they wanted to sell my old car.......too much pain in the ass...thats why i drove without sensing stuff.......if you have the money put the right windshield back on...if not....run your car without all that crap
Everything seems to fit fine and line up on the non-oem windshield, and the shop that tried the recalibration said they have done 100+ recalibrations on non-oem windshields with no issue. But if it comes down to it, that will be what I try as a last ditch effort! I'm with you though, I don't need most of the assistance stuff, but regular old cruise control doesn't even work, which is annoying for long interstate drives.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everything seems to fit fine and line up on the non-oem windshield, and the shop that tried the recalibration said they have done 100+ recalibrations on non-oem windshields with no issue. But if it comes down to it, that will be what I try as a last ditch effort! I'm with you though, I don't need most of the assistance stuff, but regular old cruise control doesn't even work, which is annoying for long interstate drives.
that was my only turn off too........

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
This is why I'll have to reconsider getting another ciivc after my 17. Too many bs gadgets which are more of a problem than they are worth. I'd rather just buy a Civic with a regular windshield without the frills. Mine has alot of chips already but when it gets really bad I can just change it without the issues of sensing.

I've been able to drive my car safety for decades without sensing so I'd rather just save the money and problems and not have it. In fact one if my coworkers said she wanted it for her daughter bc it is safer and her daughter has had a few car accidents.

I told her daughter needs to learn how to drive not get sensing.

OP
OP
Daniel776

Daniel776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Country flag

Any advice??
Did you go to your insurance approved vendor? If so go back, it’s their responsibility. Speedy glass told me they couldn’t fix it because it was “tricky” I had to go to work, they tried all day, no labour cost, and finally got it to work.

OP
OP
Daniel776

Daniel776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
This is why I'll have to reconsider getting another ciivc after my 17. Too many bs gadgets which are more of a problem than they are worth. I'd rather just buy a Civic with a regular windshield without the frills. Mine has alot of chips already but when it gets really bad I can just change it without the issues of sensing.

I've been able to drive my car safety for decades without sensing so I'd rather just save the money and problems and not have it. In fact one if my coworkers said she wanted it for her daughter bc it is safer and her daughter has had a few car accidents.

I told her daughter needs to learn how to drive not get sensing.
I hate when people think those feature excuses them for being shitty drivers LOL I mean I’ve had the CMS stop the car when exciting the highway and prevent me from rear ending someone but it happened once out of the 4 years I’ve had the car lol
Sponsored