Mikex18

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I would do a little more investigation regarding the crossover. My understanding from other threads is that the stock tweeter mount includes an integrated capacitor (see yellow cylinder in below image, copied from another post) that acts as a bandpass filter to provide a rudimentary crossover. If true, then the stock amplifier is not solely splitting the frequencies between woofer and tweeter. Which is to say, I personally left in the inline crossovers that my aftermarket tweeters came with.

upload_2019-9-30_21-22-0.jpeg
On the touring, there are no capacitors on them.
Sponsored

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
A capacitor does not act as a band pass. It acts as a high pass. In order to have a band pass you would need a cap and an inductor. Tourings don't have caps because they are run active.

xenon04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan 1.5 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I made some measurements for my own future reference when I decide to buy some better tweeters that should help you decide if what you want will fit. Here they are (click for larger):

IMG_20160918_1919401.png IMG_20160918_1920161.png
Does anyone know the part number of this parts (L+R)?
Both frames broke in the same place :(
I didn't modify them before installing new ones :(

Honda Civic 10th gen Touring Tweeter Upgrade IMG_20191014_154249

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Does anyone know the part number of this parts (L+R)?
Both frames broke in the same place :(
I didn't modify them before installing new ones :(
Below is the left and right part numbers for the "sail" that I think includes that part your broke.
76220-TGG-A11
76270-TGG-A11

Squonky

First Name
Squonky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Prestige 1.5T, CVT
Country flag
I finally did it. Followed the OP's instructions and tweeter recommendation. Photos attached.

These Hertz Dieci DT-24.3 tweeters knock the socks off the OEM Honda ones. While listening to some different tracks, I cycled the Fader control from front to rear a few times for comparison. It's as if the OEM tweeters (still fitted in the rear doors of my car) have almost no discernible 'treble' (sorry - I don't have a spectrum analyser, so can't give a graph!) The Hertz ones are NUTS in comparison. I can now hear hi-hats, synth sounds and the like; whereas this was almost absent up until now. Time will tell whether I like the new sound...

Attachments

Mikex18

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I swear these cara have 25 different harness.

My gf car canadian LX hatch, with oem tweets
Driver is pink grey
Passenger is red blue

Klamkhowder

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
I swear these cara have 25 different harness.

My gf car canadian LX hatch, with oem tweets
Driver is pink grey
Passenger is red blue
That's like my car, in the non premium sound trims with tweeters, the woofers and tweeters share a connection. You'll notice the woofer wire colors on each side correspond with the tweeter wire colors.

craulston

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars
Country flag
Premium Audio on Civic Type R

Left Tweeter:
Positive = Green
Negative = Yellow

Right Tweeter
Positive = Pink
Negative = Blue

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
I finally did it. Followed the OP's instructions and tweeter recommendation. Photos attached.

These Hertz Dieci DT-24.3 tweeters knock the socks off the OEM Honda ones. While listening to some different tracks, I cycled the Fader control from front to rear a few times for comparison. It's as if the OEM tweeters (still fitted in the rear doors of my car) have almost no discernible 'treble' (sorry - I don't have a spectrum analyser, so can't give a graph!) The Hertz ones are NUTS in comparison. I can now hear hi-hats, synth sounds and the like; whereas this was almost absent up until now. Time will tell whether I like the new sound...
I am thinking of upgrading the front door tweeters as well. Was this upgrade the only one that you did to your OEM system? If so, would you say that it was just enough to be pleased without going further? Thanks.

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
I am thinking of upgrading the front door tweeters as well. Was this upgrade the only one that you did to your OEM system? If so, would you say that it was just enough to be pleased without going further? Thanks.
Suggest you do it in incremental steps and stop when you are satisfied. I started with tweeters and sound dampening on the front doors. It was a good improvement already but then I did the centre speaker too more out of curiosity than necessity and I thought that was better. I also installed Viper4Android so that has also helped. I no longer feel I need to do anything else but I have the stuff to do the front door speakers but doubt I will bother.

Best of luck!

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
Suggest you do it in incremental steps and stop when you are satisfied. I started with tweeters and sound dampening on the front doors. It was a good improvement already but then I did the centre speaker too more out of curiosity than necessity and I thought that was better. I also installed Viper4Android so that has also helped. I no longer feel I need to do anything else but I have the stuff to do the front door speakers but doubt I will bother.

Best of luck!
Thank you for the detailed reply. I am also curious to know if you used the crossover that came with the Hertz tweeters as well as what brand and model of center speaker that you used as a replacement. Thanks again.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

Best of luck!
What tweeters do you recommend? I'm wary to upgrade because people have reported that their new ones are more harsh. Don't need anything fancy, just something affordable and better than stock.

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Thank you for the detailed reply. I am also curious to know if you used the crossover that came with the Hertz tweeters as well as what brand and model of center speaker that you used as a replacement. Thanks again.
I did not use the crossovers.

FYI, I actually went with Hertz C26 Cento tweeters instead of the Hertz DT24.3 tweeters. IMHO, they look way better and are also much easier to mount with the included metal brackets.

For the center speaker, I went with the Hertz DCX87.3 Dieci speakers.

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
What tweeters do you recommend? I'm wary to upgrade because people have reported that their new ones are more harsh. Don't need anything fancy, just something affordable and better than stock.
I like the ones I put on - Hertz C26 Cento tweeters. They sounded great, looked good and were easy to install to boot.

Check out a photo of the install bracket here.

I felt the stock tweeters were really harsh compared to the Hertz ones I put in.

If you are not keen to change out the tweeters, you might be able to dial it out with Viper4Android but you will need to install HondaHack on your headunit.
Sponsored