Touring Tweeter Upgrade

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
I did not use the crossovers.

FYI, I actually went with Hertz C26 Cento tweeters instead of the Hertz DT24.3 tweeters. IMHO, they look way better and are also much easier to mount with the included metal brackets.

For the center speaker, I went with the Hertz DCX87.3 Dieci speakers.
Thanks again for the info. Any installation modifications necessary to mount the Hertz DCX87.3 Dieci on the center speaker grill?
Sponsored

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Thanks again for the info. Any installation modifications necessary to mount the Hertz DCX87.3 Dieci on the center speaker grill?
No mod necessary. The speaker was a snug fit but it did fit to the plastic speaker cover. I used some foam tape to help with sealing the speaker to the cover and to stop any rattling.

Royalz_2o9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
Country flag
I see a few of you deciding to use crossovers or not, keep in mind if your car has an amplified system from factory then you WILL NOT need them since the amplifier does all the crossing over for you. But if you install them on a lower trim model then yes you will need them to filter out unwanted frequencies to them. One way to tell is if you remove the stock tweeter and it has a small capacitor on the back of it, then you will need them.

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
Has anyone installed Alpine components/tweeters into their front stage? I was thinking about going with the S-S65C set but now I'm wondering if I should just go with Hertz or JL Audio for the front components + center. I notice the speakers are very harsh and fatiguing as well coming from just the stock LX 9th gen speakers.

I'm going to be putting in a ported 12" Alpine Type R at 500W RMS in the trunk of my Si.

Last edited:

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Premium Audio on Civic Type R

Left Tweeter:
Positive = Green
Negative = Yellow

Right Tweeter
Positive = Pink
Negative = Blue
What's the source of your information? I looked this up in the service manual and the + and - listed are opposite of what you wrote.

From the service manual

A14 (YEL) - FL Tweeter +
A15 (GRN) - FL Twetter -
A16 (LT-GRN) - FR Tweeter +
A17 (PNK) - FR Tweeter -

stevebinh

Stevebinh
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone installed Alpine components/tweeters into their front stage? I was thinking about going with the S-S65C set but now I'm wondering if I should just go with Hertz or JL Audio for the front components + center. I notice the speakers are very harsh and fatiguing as well coming from just the stock LX 9th gen speakers.

I'm going to be putting in a ported 12" Alpine Type R at 500W RMS in the trunk of my Si.
I did the r series in the front but I had to get a amp to make sure it sounded good, but my fronts and rear and sub are all amplified and it sounds good.

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
I did the r series in the front but I had to get a amp to make sure it sounded good, but my fronts and rear and sub are all amplified and it sounds good.
Did they drop right in? Crutchfield says there's a fitment issue I think.

stevebinh

Stevebinh
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I moved my sub and was able to mount it where the oem sub use to be and the sub with the box fix perfectly

Honda Civic 10th gen Touring Tweeter Upgrade 35FAE064-F7DF-411B-9CA7-82C861D789BB

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Do the Hertz DT24.3 tweeters also come with the metal brackets for installation, or is that for the C26 only?

Is the extra cost of the C26 ($120) worth it over the DT24.3 ($70)?

Are they both plug and okay with these harnesses? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Dash-T...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
Metal brackets only for C26.

That is a substantial price difference, it was not that big for me here in Australia. I cannot say if it is worth it but the C26 does fit and look better IMO.

Yes, those harnesses should be plug and play if they fit the factory connector. There's another thread on here that discusses this.

Hope this helps and good luck!

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Still thinking about getting the Hertz tweeters. I've got the Hertz center speaker ready to install. Random question, but do I need the speaker baffle for the center speaker? I heard they reduce bass. And do I need a 3.5" baffle or is a 4" ok? Having a hard time finding the 3.5".

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Hi mate, the tweeters would be a bigger difference compared to the center speaker but all still worth doing. I am still running the stock woofers in the front doors. Pretty happy with the setup now.

I didn't use any baffles because they are almost impossible to find here. I think you could probably make the 4 inch fit if you are prepared to cut it but I am only guessing.
Sponsored