Touring subwoofer rattles.

Schatzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I fixed my rattle using two door-stop wedges laying around the house. Did it as an experiment but no rattles whatsoever (and I play it LOUD), so I've just left it. Certainly worth a try if your're looking for a quick and easy fix.

Door Stop Rattle Eliminator.JPG
I like your ingenuity! Door stoppers! I used that foam pipe insulation that I see in your photo. I packed it all around the subwoofer and into the bottom of the rear brake light. Voila, no rattle, buzzing, or anything since October! Who needs all that fancy stuff and to spend money needlessly? Of course, Honda should have come up with a fix, but good old Yankee ingenuity beats all!!!!
Sponsored

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I like your ingenuity! Door stoppers! I used that foam pipe insulation that I see in your photo. I packed it all around the subwoofer and into the bottom of the rear brake light. Voila, no rattle, buzzing, or anything since October! Who needs all that fancy stuff and to spend money needlessly? Of course, Honda should have come up with a fix, but good old Yankee ingenuity beats all!!!!
I put the Sorbo bumpers between the third brake light and rear glass and stuffed the third brake light inside trunk and still get a vibration, this is since Honda tried to repair 3 times now

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Sadly this thread is proof why Honda fell out of the top 5 in customer satisfaction and Kia is kicking their butts. So sad for a car company that used to consistently rank #1. Hope they get it together.

NicoleBcourt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Sadly this thread is proof why Honda fell out of the top 5 in customer satisfaction and Kia is kicking their butts. So sad for a car company that used to consistently rank #1. Hope they get it together.
I agree. I went into Honda and they acted like nobody had even brought up the problem, the fix they did didn't work. Nothing has happened since then. They are investigating. AKA not doing nothing

Schatzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I agree. I went into Honda and they acted like nobody had even brought up the problem, the fix they did didn't work. Nothing has happened since then. They are investigating. AKA not doing nothing
Sadly true. Honda tried once to fix my rattle back in October and it was better as I had not had a bad rattle in the first place, but I took matters into my own hands and fixed it myself. Let's hope Honda gets back its swagger and position in the top five. I love my car and it has been great otherwise.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Honda never ceases to be pathetic to deal with. If they can't fix this problem, they should just downgrade the specs from 450 watts to 45 watts, so they can use the "You're playing it too loud." excuse without lying.

accordingtocivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi Guys,

I just picked up the new civic touring last Saturday. I love the audio system in the touring but the subwoofer has a really bad rattle with songs with very little bass. If I put my hand on the plastic area and press down right behind the subwoofer it goes away. I'm guessing it's the wiring for the brake light rattling around in the rear deck lid.

Does anyone else experience this rattle? It's so annoying I want to unplug it. Any suggestions on an easy fix?

Thanks guys!!!

Josh
I don't really have a noticeable rattle that destroys the music, more-so the sub just gets really distorted when the low-end tries to come through. I've put the volume up to 32 before, no rattles anywhere, and I don't have any socks, wedges, foam... etc., stuffed up by the brake light or subwoofer. No idea why mine seems to be rattle-free at any volume, but I'm certainly not complaining. It does suck having the distortion with any lower-end bass, of course - my old setup picked that up no problem, it sounded so good. :/

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Between the sorbothane around the brake light and sponge neoprene foam under it I have zero rattle even at really high volumes. It's lasted about 9 months so far.
I did both and still have some vibration... and Honda has given up trying to fix it until there is an official fix

frankd53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
I did both and still have some vibration... and Honda has given up trying to fix it until there is an official fix
I think you guys are dreaming if you are waiting for an 'official fix'. There is no magic fix coming... a car is not designed like a recording studio.....crank it up enough with that sub, and 'something' eventually will buzz or rattle.
You need to isolate where specifically the unwanted vibration is in your car, and try to address that. In my case it was the rear deck / high mount brake light to the rear windshield. I jammed some foam in the appropriate places and am now buzz-free.

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I have two 12's in my trunk, I started with dynamat. It worked great for insulting the sound and ridding the trunk rattle. To get rid of the break light rattle, I copied the guy up there and used two rubber door stops that I got for .99 and ALL of my rattle is gone. This being said, if you have an equivalent size subwoofer as myself, or smaller, this will fix your rattle. And boy does that bass sound amazing!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
May have some good News for the canadian owners...went to my dealer today for the infamous subwoofer rattle ( second time) . They told me because the first fix with cheap foam did not work they will now go with the ultimate fix which is changing the whole back deck. Part ordered today, so I will soon get a call from them to proceed with the fix. Will keep you all posted as to the result of this. Absolutely love this car BUT had 2 very annoying problems, the rain sensing wipers ( fixed today) and the rattle ( hopefully will be gone soon )
More to come...

theevanshow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Prius, 2016 Civic Touring
May have some good News for the canadian owners...went to my dealer today for the infamous subwoofer rattle ( second time) . They told me because the first fix with cheap foam did not work they will now go with the ultimate fix which is changing the whole back deck. Part ordered today, so I will soon get a call from them to proceed with the fix. Will keep you all posted as to the result of this. Absolutely love this car BUT had 2 very annoying problems, the rain sensing wipers ( fixed today) and the rattle ( hopefully will be gone soon )
More to come...
Great, would be nice to hear back
Sponsored