First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think my sub in my car might be possibly blown does this loud noise when certain bass comes on, at first thought the plastic was the issue but does not seem like it, now my question how easy would it be to replace and how much would it cost me and is there a option to use the OEM connection and not install a bunch of stuff. plan to do a better sound system in the future but atm I'm going with the budget.

thanks
Sponsored

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Though it's not for a Touring, here's a video showing how to remove the rear deck to get the factory sub out (the process is the same):

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
My experience with drivers is that, when they are 'blown', they malfunction at all frequencies. I think that you have a rattle.

There's at least one thread that has possible fixes for subwoofer rattles and vibrations.

So far as replacements; there's tons of opinions and debate. And you can make it as simple of as complicated as you like.

Good luck.

OP
OP
TURBIE613

TURBIE613

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My experience with drivers is that, when they are 'blown', they malfunction at all frequencies. I think that you have a rattle.

There's at least one thread that has possible fixes for subwoofer rattles and vibrations.

So far as replacements; there's tons of opinions and debate. And you can make it as simple of as complicated as you like.

Good luck.
oh trust me lol i believe its blown lol, i know i had that stupid rattle that 10th gen had but got it fixed but now u hear the sub doing wierd noise and crappy base

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
On the Hatchback it's not that hard to remove and you could replace with an aftermarket as long as it physically fits. Should be able to use OEM wire, just figure out the pos and neg

OP
OP
TURBIE613

TURBIE613

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
anyone would know the size of the sub is it a 10" size sub?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
It’s an 8” sub I can sell you my factory one if you want. I went aftermarket. If interested in my stock one PM me, we can arrange a deal! (If you have a hatchback, unless the sedan and coupe models are the same as well? Not sure) anyways I went with this aftermarket one. No modification needed other than extending the stock wires a bit. Mounts up perfectly to the stock hatchback (not sure about the other models) mount. There’s a 2-ohm and 4, car runs a 2 stock.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575P3SD28/Rockford-Fosgate-P3SD2-8.html
Sponsored