Touring speaker replacement woes and semi-success

mitchie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
The stock sub seems to be an 8 inch sub.
http://hondapartsnetwork.com/part/9...0-TEA-A01-Woofer-Speaker-Assembly-20CM-Foster

I find that the bass rolloff coming from the OEM headunit was killing my after market sub that I just had installed last week so I had an Audiocontrol LC2i installed the the aftermarket amp and sub today. I left the stock amp and sub alone as is as I have been hearing that if I were to put a DSP in between the HU and stock amp I would potentially lose GPS and bluetooth connection due to everything tied together. The LC2i was able to fix the bass rolloff so now I can finally hear the lower frequencies as intended~
Are you still getting bass from the door speakers or just from the aftermarket sub? Reason for asking is i just got the lc2i and this is what i hope it does.
Sponsored

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
Also, I had posted this in a couple other threads. For those wanting to do a full HU replacement, this is likely what we are are waiting for:
http://maestro.idatalink.com/

Word is they are working on a solution for us. Best option now appears to be splicing the factory HU with some type of signal processing (which I'm also trying to avoid).
It’s 2018 now. They still don’t have anything.

KYBubblehead

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sports Touring
Country flag
Has anyone replaced their stock subwoofer in their ST hatch?
is it just me or that subwoofer just there to take up space?
I have my subwoofer level set all the way up and I cant hear a difference. I think I def need to go with a better subwoofer!
does anyone know the specs for it? it seems like a 6in sub to me just looks so tiny.
is it even possible to only replace the sub with out running new wires and adding an amp for it?

Polk DB 842 DVC 8" Dual 4-ohm Component Subwoofer

This is the one I put in my car; it's a direct replacement for the one in it. I also added an amp

Alpine MRV-M250 250W x 1 Subwoofer Amplifier

Still stuck with the Honda DSP; but the bass is much better.

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Polk DB 842 DVC 8" Dual 4-ohm Component Subwoofer
This is the one I put in my car; it's a direct replacement for the one in it. I also added an amp
Alpine MRV-M250 250W x 1 Subwoofer Amplifier
Still stuck with the Honda DSP; but the bass is much better.
Hey dude I have this exact amp and was thinking about swapping it with the sub you mentioned. Any thoughts on it after having it a few months? Also any insight on how you did it? Did you need a LOC or did you tap into the stock sub connection. Any insight or photos would be appreciated my friend!

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
It’s 2018 now. They still don’t have anything.
It's 2020 now and the still don't have anything. I can't wait to dump this car for one that isn't a pain in the ass (replacing the head unit-wise).
Sponsored