Touring LED Headlights Too "Bright"?

tandjent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue
Country flag
First of all, I love the headlights on the Touring. They make things so much more visible at night. But I'm wondering if any other Touring owners have had other oncoming drivers flash their brights at you thinking you have your brights on? It's happened a bunch of times already (including my very first test drive). I've gotten to the point where I will flash my brights back just to show "Hey, -these- are my brights." I love the visibility but I always hate being the "jerk" that runs around with their brights on that people need to flash their lights at.
Sponsored

baba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Lunar Silver
I had an S2000 and would occasionally get flashed by oncoming drivers. I also hate it when other drivers have their brights on, or it appears their brights are on. But man, I loved those HID's in the S2000, and I hope the LED's in the Civic Touring are as good.

poop1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
I'm not complaining. The bright light led is really good.. I almost hit a deer the other night but I was able to notice it from a far distance so I was able to avoid hitting the deer.. well, my precious car actually.. lol :p

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
A couple of things could be at play here.

Coming over a crest will cause oncoming drivers to look right into your beam pattern. It happens and nothing you can do about it.

Wet roads will reflect the light back up at approx. the same angle, so at some point people may cross into the beam.

Normal bouncing around on rough roads could cause the oncoming driver to think you are flashing them.

You can always have a dealer confirm the aim of the lights, there's no guarantee that they came from the factory perfectly aimed. A few people have already noticed other assembly errors so far.

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
I was one of the first people to get halogen bulbs and I would get flashed all the time by the self-appointed photon police and candela weanies; not because my headlights were misaligned, but because my headlights were a different shade of white than the other cars. Eventually, all the other cars got halogen lights and I never got flashed--even though nothing had changed on my car. There is a certain type of terrorist on the roads that doesn't like people to have different headlights and they will cry like little girls because you have LED headlights. Soon, though, everybody will have them and they'll shut up with the flashing.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I don't think the Civic LEDs are bright at all. Honda seems to have done a decent job at minimizing any stray light.

Quick alignment check wouldn't hurt.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I get flashed every day and I flash back. I used to switch to low beams as soon as I noticed another car's lights in the distance but now I wait until I see the oncoming car get closer then I lower the high beams. This lets them see that I've switched. I typically see the same vehicles morning and night so I've noticed they flash me less and less each day, I guess they recognize the car by it's headlights now.
Sponsored