Touring LED Headlight Swap?

PaperWingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Civic EX-T
Country flag
I was just wondering if anyone has inquired about the price and possibility of doing this at their local dealership?
Sponsored

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Considering the whole wiring harness needs to be replaced, the cost of the housings themselves, and how you're in Canada and a Touring was only $2000 more. Probably not worth your time and effort.

hal9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Swapping the harness isn't necessary and wouldn't work anyway. The problem is the headlights are driven directly off the control module. But Newflyer is correct that in Canada what you'd have to buy/do isn't worth it.

OP
OP
PaperWingz

PaperWingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Civic EX-T
Country flag
Considering the whole wiring harness needs to be replaced, the cost of the housings themselves, and how you're in Canada and a Touring was only $2000 more. Probably not worth your time and effort.
Swapping the harness isn't necessary and wouldn't work anyway. The problem is the headlights are driven directly off the control module. But Newflyer is correct that in Canada what you'd have to buy/do isn't worth it.
Thanks for the input guys! It was more so a question based on my curiosity as opposed to something I wanted to do. Thought I might as well ask to see if anyone has asked/done it. Looking at some of the US sites the OEM LED headlight units run about $1000-$1200 depending on sale prices, not to mention installation, so I figured in Canada it'd easily cost $1500 + installation. Definitely going to go with a HID kit.

DeMeKeighty7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 hatch Ex, 2-89 mighty Max's, 65 SS Impala,
I have the 17 hatch Ex, would this be the same case? I would like to get those sport touring leds on my Ex. Thanks

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I have the 17 hatch Ex, would this be the same case? I would like to get those sport touring leds on my Ex. Thanks
It will be EXACTLY the same case.

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, you have a hatchback. The hatchback and sedans/coupe are completely different cars. Every component is different. I'm not sure in this case...

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
No, you have a hatchback. The hatchback and sedans/coupe are completely different cars. Every component is different. I'm not sure in this case...
HAHAHA

DeMeKeighty7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 hatch Ex, 2-89 mighty Max's, 65 SS Impala,
Ahhhhh ha ha ha. Hilarious.

Just seen Mugenkb1 thread on him doing the headlight swap, easy change-up. Definitely going to do it
Sponsored