Touring/LED headlight flasher/wigwag

CaptainAwesome

Curator of awesomeness
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring; 2012 Silverado LT, TX Ed.; 2015 Murano Plat.
Country flag
I am considering add ing a flasher or wigwag to the highbeams in a Touring with the LED headlights. I'm not finding any info on this having been done before. It looks like all of the flasher modules just install inline on the highway circuit and simply cut power momentarily to create the flash or strobe effect. So it comes down to finding the right wire(s) to splice into.

Looking at the 'headlight led' wiring diagram that @carfun posted here (thanks!), it seems like the wire to tap is the light blue wire from the headlight control stalk ("combination light switch"). Does that seem right?

Anyone know of a writeup out there by someone who has already done this?
Sponsored

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
I am considering add ing a flasher or wigwag to the highbeams in a Touring with the LED headlights. I'm not finding any info on this having been done before. It looks like all of the flasher modules just install inline on the highway circuit and simply cut power momentarily to create the flash or strobe effect. So it comes down to finding the right wire(s) to splice into.

Looking at the 'headlight led' wiring diagram that @carfun posted here (thanks!), it seems like the wire to tap is the light blue wire from the headlight control stalk ("combination light switch"). Does that seem right?

Damn. This PDF files aren’t working anymore. I need the wiring for the headlights. I can figure out everything but the drl. There are 3 pins.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the harness. They came with my doner lights I bought. I just want to make a bench test harness so I can test during my retrofit I’m about to do.

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I need this but retro fit. I have a 2021 type R and purchased spyder apex series headlights. Is this even possible
I have what you need in stock DM me

HammyL15B7

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Hey, did you ever get this to work out? I’m pretty interested in this too if it’s not an unreasonable task
Sponsored