buggzy

2017 civic hatchback sport with cvt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic ex-l and 2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I simply love them, i also added a set of led lights for the fogs as they looked awkward vs the leds.
Sponsored

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
i drive with my fogs on at night, might as well use them we barely ever get fog here and it is extra light
Also, they look good. If we only used them when we truly needed them due to fog, we'd only get to use them once every couple of years.

twitchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Acura RDX, 2010 Honda FIT
Also, they look good. If we only used them when we truly needed them due to fog, we'd only get to use them once every couple of years.
exactly i've never seen somebody's fogs on and thought they were to bright

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
This is why there are 32 flavours of ice cream. Just saying, in many countries studies indicate unnecessary use of fog lights are a distraction to on-coming traffic. Hence their laws limiting fog light use to poor weather conditions.
So, what do the studies say about DRLs?? Lately a lot of cars are coming with super-bright DRLs that are much brighter to oncoming drivers than fogs. Years ago I would drive with fogs on, kinda like a "DRL" before they were official. I don't see the difference??

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agree it's a personal choice but in some places it is regulated. Australian article, not judging right or wrong.

The correct uses of your vehicle's lights

Honda Civic 10th gen Touring Headlights {filename}

Not everyone knows the rules when it comes to using the various lights on modern vehicles. Can I use a fog light when it isn't foggy? What's a daytime running light? When can I use high beam? We clarify what's OK and what's not.

Fog lights vs. Driving lights
Front fog lights and driving lights are often confused. The main difference is in the light pattern. They are separate to the main headlights.

Fog lights
Designed to improve visibility of the road directly ahead of the vehicle in fog or hazardous weather conditions where visibility has been reduced. The Australian Road Rules state that they are not to be used at any other time.

• Front fog lights can emit either a white or yellow light. Rear fog lights must emit a red light.
  • Rear fog lights are installed to make a vehicle more easily visible from the rear in fog, mist or hazardous conditions and should be wired independent of the car's other lights.
  • Fog lights have a low, flat, wide beam that is meant to illuminate the road below the fog or mist.
  • Switch off your fog lights once visibility is clear as they can blind other drivers
Driving lights
  • Have a powerful beam that projects well down the road and are used to supplement high beam, especially when driving in country areas.
  • Should be wired to only operate when high beam is used.
Headlights
  • Must be switched on when driving between sunset and sunrise
  • When there is not enough daylight to be able to see a person wearing dark clothing at a distance of 100 metres.
High beam
  • Used on any road, even if there are street lights
  • Must be dipped to low beam when a vehicle coming toward you is within 200 metres
  • Must be dipped to low beam when driving 200 metres or less behind another vehicle.
Daytime running lights
  • Daytime running lights (DRLs) are bright, white, forward-facing lights that improve the forward conspicuousness of vehicles in the daytime
  • They are usually activated automatically when the engine is running
  • DRLs must be wired so they turn off at night time, as they are so bright they dazzle other drivers at night.
NRMA Motoring & Services commissioned a study of DRLs in 2003 which suggested that they should be standard on all vehicles as they could save lives and prevent injuries by increasing vehicle visibility.

Extreme conditions
  • Heavy rain, fog or snow - put your headlights onto low beam. High beam in fog will reflect the light, making it difficult to see.
  • In hazardous conditions, the law permits you to turn on your hazard lights to help others see you.
More about Fog & Driving lights (PDF 165KB/2 pages)

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like a few others mentioned, I've been getting flashed by other drivers as well. I got the car a week ago today and ive been flashed 4 times. I've yet to pass another civic Touring at night to see how they look. However I've passed several Accord Tourings with both the LED headlights and foglights lit up and I didnt find them to be blinding. These people should be grateful that I'm not some douche in a lifted F-250 with HIDs installed in the reflector housings

Last edited:

Sushimaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 lx
Vehicle Showcase
Like a few others mentioned, I've been getting flashed by other drivers as well. I got the car a week ago today and ive been flashed 4 times. I've yet to pass another civic Touring at night to see how they look. However I've passed several Accord Tourings with both the LED headlights and foglights lit up and I didnt find them to be blinding. These people should be greatful that I'm not some douche in a lifted F-250 with HIDs installed in the reflector housings
Sigh...don't let me start on those truck driver who think they own the road.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I personally find fog lights to be pretty much useless in heavy fog. The low beam headlights are so bright that they light up the fog and create a big white wall in front of the car. If you turn the fog lights on and off in fog, you will only notice a difference a few feet in front of the car where the fog has little effect on visibility.
Sponsored