Touring Headlights

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I installed an HID kit on my 06 Civic EX (low and high) and one time I was behind someone who got irate and stopped on the road, got out of their car, and started yelling at me from their vehicle saying I have my high beams on. Needless to say, I yelled back (paraphrasing) - "No, I'm not. THIS is my high beam, THIS is my lows. HIGH. LOWS. HIGH. LOWS" - pretty much turning my highs on and off blinding them in the process. They got back in their car and drove away. Lol.
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I installed an HID kit on my 06 Civic EX (low and high) and one time I was behind someone who got irate and stopped on the road, got out of their car, and started yelling at me from their vehicle saying I have my high beams on. Needless to say, I yelled back (paraphrasing) - "No, I'm not. THIS is my high beam, THIS is my lows. HIGH. LOWS. HIGH. LOWS" - pretty much turning my highs on and off blinding them in the process. They got back in their car and drove away. Lol.
lol, that is because you installed HID's in a reflector housing, blinding the shit out of everyone in front of you.

OP
OP
Hondadude88

Hondadude88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Nice to know you are all enjoying the LEDS! These make the car stand out from the rest, while delivering awesome day/night lighting. Should be in the fogs but granted this is still a "civic", I'm not surprised. Rock on with the LEDS Honda!! :thumbsup:

twitchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Acura RDX, 2010 Honda FIT
Note that there is a reason fog lights have a yellowish (~3000K) default color temperature. This range of temp is best for penetrating fog, rain, and snow with the least glare. So while putting ~5000K+ lamps in them might look better and match your mains better, you'll be compromising the purpose of the fog lights to some extent. Additionally, the higher the color temperature (more blue), the lower the light output, so you'd need a higher wattage lamp to equal the lumen output of the yellow fog lights, if you get something bluer/whiter.
very interesting never knew that!

OP
OP
Hondadude88

Hondadude88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I like the look of the headlights even when they are off. Any opinions on civic/accord LEDs vs the Acura ones?
I have not driven with an Acura or another car for that fact, that had stock LEDS. The 16 ILX and TLX look good with their "jewel-eyed" headlights but to costly in my opinion for a "Honda". I have with a S2000, which had HIDS but I personally prefer the LEDS. They look better and don't have a "tunnel" cutoff. Shit, they even appear to go around cars in front of you. I have never been able to see good at night but these help a bunch! :D

OP
OP
Hondadude88

Hondadude88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I've had a few shining their high lights at me so I shine the highlight back at them lol
I totally do the same thing. The best is when they shine you and you have your fogs on. High beams went turned on, kills the fogs. Its like that on every vehicle. Have to say though, it is fun to shine back your highs to them lol

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Thank you for saying this. I've been waiting for someone to do so. I'm leaving mine default. They are the color they are for a reason, and since in many places in the US it's not legal to drive with fog lights on in good weather, why do people care? You shouldn't have them on 365 days a year anyway. The only times you should have them on is the time you need them to be yellowish in order to work correctly.

But that's just me.
I was at the dealership this afternoon, and was checking out the Accord Touring. The LED fog lights match the headlights, and it looks awesome. Maybe they should stop marketing them as fog lights? Regardless, they look way nicer than the Civic Touring. I have a feeling that future model years of the Civic will have LED fogs.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for saying this. I've been waiting for someone to do so. I'm leaving mine default. They are the color they are for a reason, and since in many places in the US it's not legal to drive with fog lights on in good weather, why do people care? You shouldn't have them on 365 days a year anyway. The only times you should have them on is the time you need them to be yellowish in order to work correctly.

But that's just me.
Absolutely correct. Driving with fogs on in good weather will get you a ticket in many Countries. Laughable seeing posers with their fogs on without a cloud in the sky, on a well lit city street or highway. Better yet when the sun is so strong you need your shades.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Properly installed/aimed fogs will not bother anyone, including law enforcement. From what I've read, a vehicle must have a minimum of two and maximum of four lights. It could be different in your area.

Last edited:

twitchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Acura RDX, 2010 Honda FIT
i drive with my fogs on at night, might as well use them we barely ever get fog here and it is extra light

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is why there are 32 flavours of ice cream. Just saying, in many countries studies indicate unnecessary use of fog lights are a distraction to on-coming traffic. Hence their laws limiting fog light use to poor weather conditions.

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I too am loving the LED headlights. I wish I had more chances to use the highbeams but I don't often drive on country roads at night and the low beams are plenty bright as it is. I tested the colour of the headlights with my DSLR recently and I was amazed that they were an almost perfect match to daylight - 5300K with no green or magenta cast (daylight at noon is typically 5400k-5600K). They must be using some really high quality LEDs! I've seen expensive photographic LED lighting kits that aren't this accurate. I love how you can see vibrant colours at night now, and the headlights illuminate reflective surfaces like highway signs from a much farther range than I'm used to. My wife was amazed that all of the light on those signs was coming from only my car!

I drove in front of my first Touring last night on a multi-lane highway and I didn't find the lights blinding at all. Mind you, my rear window is tinted at 20 but it didn't look too bright in the side mirrors either - he had his fog lights on too (unnecessarily).
Sponsored