OP
OP

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
OK thanks guys, a lot of useful info here, and those are some sexy pictures firemist. I'm definitely leaning more towards the touring now, especially after seeing this thread and another thread about the speakers being a higher quality.

Thank you all for your input.
Sponsored

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
on my ex-t when i turn on the low beams the DRLs become dimmer but they definitely stay on.. might be different with touring
Definitely stay on but dim on the Touring. You can see it in action at about 1:54 in this video (coupe):

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Here is mine. I added 6000K Led fog lights as well to match. I did not like the look of the yellow fogs with the cool white LED headlights
IMG_8296.JPG
I don't like the look of that beam pattern. There's a hot spot then uneven light and light scatter. The driver side light on the left curves up and will blind on coming traffic. Even the squirrel spotter looks uneven.

Here's the holagen projector with HID. No scatter and duplicated the OEM pattern. Clean cut off line and normal looking squirrel spotter.
Honda Civic 10th gen Touring Headlights vs. All others? m0nb8yN

davidvanchu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Can you link me to the HID bulbs you got? Do they cause any problems? (dash errors or problems fitting at all) They look great!

I don't like the look of that beam pattern. There's a hot spot then uneven light and light scatter. The driver side light on the left curves up and will blind on coming traffic. Even the squirrel spotter looks uneven.

Here's the holagen projector with HID. No scatter and duplicated the OEM pattern. Clean cut off line and normal looking squirrel spotter.
Honda Civic 10th gen Touring Headlights vs. All others? m0nb8yN

firemist32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2014 RAM Eco-diesel
I am not sure if you don't like my beam pattern, but my driveway is crooked on a hill until it meets the garage. I live in a dark area with a lot of 2 lane roads and nobody has flashed me once with these lights so I doubt they are blinding anyone

OP
OP

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I'm not super keen on buying a car I already have to do work on the second I buy it to be happy with it.
Then best to be considering a '16 Civic Touring or some other model of car with HIDs. Halogens have a pretty finite range of color temperature.

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@firemist32 Cool dramatic shot of your Civic above (and in your profile pic). I'm a photographer and I can't wait to try to get some nice shots of my new Touring - I'm going to be picking it up this afternoon (woohoo!). Looks like your camera sensor needs to be cleaned though. If those spots bother you, I could touch them up and send you the edited pic.

jomino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
It seems to me like you're really all about headlights, like I am. To be honest, I think the touring model has some of the best factory headlights on the market. But If you buy the touring just based off of the headlights alone, you will not be disappointed, nor with the rest of the features.

FG3BLUES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Coupe LX DBP
So i agree with pretty much all of the points made so far in this thread, but im pretty set on an EXT since im not sold on a few of the Touring features (leather, embedded nav vs. Android Auto, etc.), so im wondering if anyone is entertaining adding the touring headlights to lower trim models unless the hatch adds them to a lower trim.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
so im wondering if anyone is entertaining adding the touring headlights to lower trim models unless the hatch adds them to a lower trim.
Lots of people have posted about it. Not sure anybody has tried it. Suspect it's different connectors, wiring, and fuses, as a start, due to much lower current draw.

firemist32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2014 RAM Eco-diesel
@firemist32 Cool dramatic shot of your Civic above (and in your profile pic). I'm a photographer and I can't wait to try to get some nice shots of my new Touring - I'm going to be picking it up this afternoon (woohoo!). Looks like your camera sensor needs to be cleaned though. If those spots bother you, I could touch them up and send you the edited pic.
I am a photographer also (mostly wedding) and have not cleaned that camera since the beginning of last season ~ April. I literally went out in my PJ's last week and underexposed in camera with 3 flashes set to full power on the ground and got it in one shot. Came in and altered color slightly and vignette and posted within about 30 min. Didn't take the time to really look at the details like I would a print for a customer but nice catch.
Sponsored