Thanks for trying to help!
Sponsored

jedisrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
So my Hatch spent the day at the dealership today for this very issue. After 6 hours they determined, by calling multiple "higher up" techs, that the feature isn't available on the hatchback. They said it is only on the Civic sedan.

I was hoping to find someone on this forum with a Hatch with the feature working.

I swear it worked on my test drive when the salesman showed it to me. I guess not.

OP
OP

dino81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchex
Country flag
So my Hatch spent the day at the dealership today for this very issue. After 6 hours they determined, by calling multiple "higher up" techs, that the feature isn't available on the hatchback. They said it is only on the Civic sedan.

I was hoping to find someone on this forum with a Hatch with the feature working.

I swear it worked on my test drive when the salesman showed it to me. I guess not.
Then why the Fvck is it in the manual? Lol

Thanks for the info though. I started a new job and haven't had a chance to follow up with my dealership

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They revised the manual today. Swipe Direction, 4way Switch Gesture and Volume Gestures are no longer listed.
Again, I find this all very strange that Honda would remove such a subtle feature from a newly introduced model. I mean, someone isn't going to shy away from the hatch and get a sedan because they have this option to enable or disable. Did Honda figure hatch owners like to swipe more than sedan owners?!?! ;) I'm genuinely curious as to why the option to turn off the gesture control was removed.

jedisrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
They revised the manual today. Swipe Direction, 4way Switch Gesture and Volume Gestures are no longer listed.
Now that's just dirty! I would have rather them figure out how to get it activated, probably through firmware, then to remove it from the manual. I'm pretty sure it isn't a hardware thing.

MilfShake2108

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Hatchback LX 6SPD Manual
Country flag
I just downloaded the owner's guide from honda.ca and it still says "press or slide to adjust volume".
Obviously it is there to use, seems to be universal problem for all hatches, mine included.

Have anyone of you managed to get the dealer to fix this?
I'm going back there in mid November to get them to install the stock shift knob and fix this volume control (they acknowledge that this is a problem and told me they will fix it when I bring the car in)

OP
OP

dino81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchex
Country flag
Nope. I haven't been back. Let us know what happens. It's good when we all keep each other updated!

jedisrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
I just downloaded the owner's guide from honda.ca and it still says "press or slide to adjust volume".
Obviously it is there to use, seems to be universal problem for all hatches, mine included.

Have anyone of you managed to get the dealer to fix this?
I'm going back there in mid November to get them to install the stock shift knob and fix this volume control (they acknowledge that this is a problem and told me they will fix it when I bring the car in)
If they are like my dealer they will just come back with "That's not a feature on the Hatchback". Hopefully you fair better.

MilfShake2108

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If they are like my dealer they will just come back with "That's not a feature on the Hatchback". Hopefully you fair better.
I mean if they do me like that I would just pull the owner's manual and show them where it says "slide to adjust volume" and see what they have to say. I mean it's on there...

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Anybody have any luck figuring out what went wrong? Just bought a hatch, which shows in the owners guide on page 55 that you slide to adjust volume. Dealer tried stating that the hatch doesn't have the feature as we.

CrazyALee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX hatchback
Country flag
Hello glad I found this thread, seems I'm not the only one! phew. I have a 2017 civic hatch EX and the swipe feature on the steering wheel volume does not work on mine as well, only pressing the top or bottom will have any effect....

MilfShake2108

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I went to the dealer today to install my original shift boot and knob, also for them to check on why the slide volume control is not working.

Their response is there is no software update to fix this yet and I will have to schedule to get them to look at it again later lol...

levitron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Good to know I'm not the only one with this issue (just got my own and noticed the problem too). That was a neat feature from my test drive on the base Civic and it sucks that Honda seems to be giving up with fixing the issue on the Hatchback. Removing it from the manual is never a good sign...

kimonostereo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Got an email from Honda with the subject: Maximize the Power of Your Civic. The email featured the Hatchback and the first feature they showcase is Electrostatic Steering Wheel Switch and Steering Wheel Controls which links to a PDF stating that the volume controls should work with slide. My EX Hatchback that I just got 3 weeks ago doesn't have this capability. Anyone know if Honda has any updates?
Sponsored