Touch up paint for polished part of the wheel?

wopsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I searched if there was an actual honda touch up paint for the polished metal part of the Si wheel, but to no avail. Do you guys have any advice on closest color to match for that? Thanks!
Sponsored

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
I searched if there was an actual honda touch up paint for the polished metal part of the Si wheel, but to no avail. Do you guys have any advice on closest color to match for that? Thanks!
No such thing, polished metal is just that and not something you'd be able to replicate in paint very well. There are a lot of places that do wheel refinishing that might be able to fix it for less than what it would cost for a new wheel.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
The aluminum wheels are machined, then painted black, then the "face" is machined to remove the black paint, then it is clearcoated.

As mentioned, there are many wheel repair companies out there who will remanufacture a wheel for $100-150 - about one-half to one-third the price of a new one.

If the clear coating has been chipped, it needs to be repaired right away else the exposed aluminum will oxidize and the clear coat will start peeling off over time.

OP
OP

wopsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Ok. Thanks for the info guys. I touched it up with clear coat for now.
Sponsored