Total brake failure on my 2018 SI Coupe. Looking for any info on how this could have happened, or anyone with similar experience.

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
The clutch in will cancel the cruise control if you keep it in for 10 or 15 seconds.
I've always tried to avoid holding the clutch in any longer than necessary to avoid release bearing wear. Good to know!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wjmyazi

Wjmyazi

First Name
Margo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
The clutch in will cancel the cruise control if you keep it in for 10 or 15 seconds.
I did know about that feature, but I didn't have that much time. Ten seconds tops from the time I realized something was up to being impaled by a guard rail.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
I did know about that feature, but I didn't have that much time. Ten seconds tops from the time I realized something was up to being impaled by a guard rail.
So true, accidents just takes seconds to happen and sometimes you don’t have more than a two or three seconds to react. Yesterday I saw what almost was a 7-9 car pileup when a bunch of people slammed on their brakes and cars were swerving to avoid hitting the car in front of them. Thank God it didn’t look like there were any impacts.

OP
OP
Wjmyazi

Wjmyazi

First Name
Margo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
So true, accidents just takes seconds to happen and sometimes you don’t have more than a two or three seconds to react. Yesterday I saw what almost was a 7-9 car pileup when a bunch of people slammed on their brakes and cars were swerving to avoid hitting the car in front of them. Thank God it didn’t look like there were any impacts.
Being behind the wheel it felt like time stopped, everything was happening in slow motion, but looking back and looking at the time it happened, yeah all of that took less than ten seconds

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Being behind the wheel it felt like time stopped, everything was happening in slow motion, but looking back and looking at the time it happened, yeah all of that took less than ten seconds
I know what you mean. Crazy how your mind works during an accident. We used to have a 2012 Honda Odyssey and I was in the center lane on the highway and an older gentleman on the right lane locked up his brakes and smashed into the right side guard rail, bounced off and then hit us perpendicular and when he hit us, the airbags went off and I had to drive blind and try to keep the car centered. The van I could feel the left wheels riding up on the concrete center barrier and I had to try to keep the van from flipping over while trying to keep the car straight so as to not hit the cars beside me. Literally was like 10-15 seconds before we rolled to a stop but yeah, felt like time was standing still.
Sponsored