Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
By now I'm sure a lot of you have seen these around:

https://www.toponemotors.com/fk8-honda-civic-type-r-2017.html

I kinda want to get them, but I have a dilemma. I have a 2019 FK7 Sport, which comes stock with Honda Sensing, so my driver's side front bumper vent thing has the radar module on it. I know for sure that these will interfere with it.

Has anyone in a similar situation to mine installed these? What was your solution?
Sponsored

discoamazing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ex-l hatchback
Country flag
Damn those are sexy. Would they even fit on something other than a Thpe R though?

O be honest I’m embarrassed to admit that I don’t know what an FK7 is, I’m in an ex-l hatchback from 2017 and I would be seriously tempted by these if I knew they would fit.

I’ve got sensing, too, so I’m curious how they would affect it.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
O be honest I’m embarrassed to admit that I don’t know what an FK7 is, I’m in an ex-l hatchback from 2017
FK7 is the chassis designation for all the hatchback trims that aren’t a CTR ( Civic Type R ) which includes your EX-L.
The Type R chassis designation is known as the FK8.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Not to smear a company but search the search recent results for Top1. I have not personally purchased anything from this company but its safe to say thag i never wikl

discoamazing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ex-l hatchback
Country flag
Not to smear a company but search the search recent results for Top1. I have not personally purchased anything from this company but its safe to say thag i never wikl
What do you mean? My first search result was this thread, also about the vents: https://www.civicx.com/threads/top1-bumper-vents.40384/

And people seem really pleased with them. They do mention a long turn around time but nothing too bad.

I'm now considering these vents so if the company has a bad reputation I'd be interested in hearing more about it.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
I remeber seeing a thread or two mentioning top1 and them not being responsive to emails and also long turn around times (2 months) like mentioned above. Also check out their yelp page

discoamazing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ex-l hatchback
Country flag
Oh wow, searching for topone instead of top1 showed the thread you were talking about.

It seems like most people got their orders eventually but that the company is super slow and unprofessional. Tbh I might get these vents anyway because they look so flipping rad. If not, I’m also thinking of doing a DIY mod (another user came up with it, can’t remember their username) where you cut out the inside of the honeycomb with a dremel and then put up Home Depot gutter guard to keep debris out. His looked phenomenal too.

I just with I knew what turning them into real events would do to my aerodynamics. After all, even if it’s not solid it’s still a fake vent if it doesn’t go anywhere, I wonder if you could route an air intake down there or something to make them useful.
Sponsored