Top 20 or so "Firsts" for the Epic 2016 Civic

OP
OP

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
21. And, finally, the Firsts for the top-of-the-line Civic Touring....

The Touring trim is interesting, because it's the first Civic with a truly premium audio system, a 10-speaker 450-watt set-up that seems similar to the ELS stereo on the top-level Acura ILX. The Touring also has Civic's first all-LED headlights, the Civic's first rain-sensing wipers, and the Civic's first heated rear leather seats.

One of the things Honda is always very careful about is to make sure there's value at each price level. And the Touring is no different. At first the $1800 premium for the Touring over the EXL navi seems like a lot, but since it's the one level that has Honda Sensing standard, which we know lists for 1k, you're basically getting for just $800 the stereo and all that additional other stuff, including a power passenger seat.

I personally think that sound system would be worth about $500 to me. The LED headlights another few hundred, and same with the rain-sensing wipers, heated rear seats and power passenger seat. Seems like about $1500 worth of features to me for about half that.

But I personally don't think I want Honda Sensing....And I don't really need leather either, and so the model I'm most interested in at this point is the EX-Turbo cloth.....
Sponsored

Last edited:

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I don't think I'd want Honda Sensing either, since a review said it didn't work well, and people say they've turned it off on their Accords, but I'd want leather, good audio, and couldn't handle the dreadful non-touring wheels, if I got the EX-L, by the time I spent the money to upgrade the wheels and stereo, I might as well have bought the touring and gotten the sensing. I could end up with much nicer wheels and stereo if buying 3rd party, but with the way the audio system is integrated with the steering wheel and gauge display, that you might not end up with those features.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I don't think I'd want Honda Sensing either, since a review said it didn't work well, and people say they've turned it off on their Accords, but I'd want leather, good audio, and couldn't handle the dreadful non-touring wheels, if I got the EX-L, by the time I spent the money to upgrade the wheels and stereo, I might as well have bought the touring and gotten the sensing. I could end up with much nicer wheels and stereo if buying 3rd party, but with the way the audio system is integrated with the steering wheel and gauge display, that you might not end up with those features.
Yea I hope the coupe rims are much sportier looking. I don't like sedan rims other then touring.

Miguel

Threads
Reaction score
Great list thanks for your efforts Benjamin!

20. Some Firsts for the new Civic's class-leading aerodynamics.
Love reading this type of tech details. It's easy to focus on just HP, TQ, and MPG achieved by the engine but there's alot of other interesting engineering that went into this car. That 12% less drag than previous generation no doubt helped the car hit the 42mph mark.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Had no idea there were actual EPA classifications of size based on actual cu ft. Someone made a comparison in another thread that the Civic has now jumped over the BMW 3 series in size. This woulda shock me if the Civic was still Honda's entry model but I guess the Fit is in that role now.
There has been rumor of a Fit sedan... I guess they do have a Fit sedan or City in SE Asia. I think.

Colsonite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Chevrolet Corsica
Thanks. This forum is fantastic and this list has been very informative.

Last edited:
OP
OP

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
Not sure if this was mentioned before, and it's a minor thing, and so I won't count it as a number, but this is the first Civic to have HD radio (EX-T and above). HD radio is described as:

"Digital Sound
No static. No hiss. Only the good stuff.
HD Radio stations broadcast in clear digital quality to your local area making static, radio hiss and fuzz a thing of the past."

http://hdradio.com/what-is-hd-radio

And here's the latest Honda press release with a complete overview of the new Civic:

http://hondanews.com/releases/sport...-the-dramatically-redesigned-2016-civic-sedan

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Not sure if this was mentioned before, and it's a minor thing, and so I won't count it as a number, but this is the first Civic to have HD radio (EX-T and above). HD radio is described as:

"Digital Sound
No static. No hiss. Only the good stuff.
HD Radio stations broadcast in clear digital quality to your local area making static, radio hiss and fuzz a thing of the past."

http://hdradio.com/what-is-hd-radio

And here's the latest Honda press release with a complete overview of the new Civic:

http://hondanews.com/releases/sport...-the-dramatically-redesigned-2016-civic-sedan
Almost 14 years later...it's about time. Unfortunately HD Radio didn't catch on as well as they hoped. It's a shame. There isn't really anything on the HD channels here that I'd care to listen to.

http://current.org/2012/11/slow-growth-for-hd-radio/

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
ok i see ac pump and alternator but what are the other belt driven accessories? i see it on the crank and what appears to be a tensioner in the middle is the one on the mid left the waterpump?

Honda Civic 10th gen Top 20 or so "Firsts" for the Epic 2016 Civic 1.5t
Sponsored