Took the sport hatchback to the glen racetrack

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
3rd year in a row , others years took my mustangs, this year th sport hatchback , sorry no video, but if anyone has a road course like Watkins glen, then you know how many turns and hills there are on the track. The hatch did awesome, I hit some turns I thought my tires would slide, no it stuck and never squealed once. And if that wasn't good enough 1 hr there and back, 3 laps and I avg gas mileage was 38 mpg! A extra bonus was a Nissan GT-R in front of us and the little Honda was right there with him.

Honda Civic 10th gen Took the sport hatchback to the glen racetrack IMG_7490.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Took the sport hatchback to the glen racetrack IMG_7491.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Took the sport hatchback to the glen racetrack IMG_7492.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Took the sport hatchback to the glen racetrack IMG_7494.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Took the sport hatchback to the glen racetrack IMG_7495.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Took the sport hatchback to the glen racetrack IMG_7496.JPG

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
That's awesome! Which club did you go with? And why only 3 laps? I never drove Watkins Glen, too many walls. :)

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
That's awesome! Which club did you go with? And why only 3 laps? I never drove Watkins Glen, too many walls. :)
They have a program called Thunder Tours (aka Drive the Glen) - for $25 you can drive three laps in your car. There's a pace car at the way front, and they say to go only 55 mph, but the pace car gets up to a decent speed. Staying in the back is the ideal spot if you want to go really fast! Pretty cool OP, I need to get back to the Glen.

M1joachim

New Honda owner!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Awesome! I'm thinking of heading to the Indy Car race there this fall
Sponsored