etcsthorne

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Took delivery with 20 miles on it this afternoon and drove it home 25 miles. 2019 Civic Si. LOVE the color (modern steel metallic). The clutch sucks ass and the release point is stupid high in the throw. There has to be an adjustment the dealer can make for me. Rev hang is very noticeable and a little annoying. I attribute the clutch and rev-hang as me needing to adjust to this setup. I've been driving manuals since the mid-seventies, so I'm not a rookie. The interior is impressive and the dash display is AWESOME, although I wish the red lighting would stay on without having to put SPORT on. What impresses me most is something most people wouldn't notice - closing the door is wonderful and freaking SOLID - like a bank vault. That is very important to me. The road noise is noticeably less than the Mazda 3 I traded in. It's a LOT quieter than two accords and four civics I've had in the past. The stereo is pretty amazing. One thing I'm very disappointed about is the lack of LED headlights on the Si. Shame on you, Honda. Now I just need to learn how to work everything! Overall, very pleased I guess for the price I paid. Great car, but time will tell.
Sponsored

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
The clutch is great on mine after 5,000 miles and now driving with bare feet since its hot.

Being able to actually feel the engagement point (with no shoes since its sparse on feedback) makes it much more enjoyable.

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag

BlueSi4me

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si 2016 Chevy Colorado 2014 Dodge Challenger 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Country flag
Congrats on the new purchase. I got mine March 25th and I am now approaching 1000 miles. I also traded in my Mazda 3. I noticed today that if I slow down my shifting and pause a second in neutral between shifts, the Rev hang isn't so bad. Hope you enjoy your Si half as much as I'm loving mine.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I found the release point too high as well in the beginning.
It would take time to get used to.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Took delivery with 20 miles on it this afternoon and drove it home 25 miles. 2019 Civic Si. LOVE the color (modern steel metallic). The clutch sucks ass and the release point is stupid high in the throw. There has to be an adjustment the dealer can make for me. Rev hang is very noticeable and a little annoying. I attribute the clutch and rev-hang as me needing to adjust to this setup. I've been driving manuals since the mid-seventies, so I'm not a rookie. The interior is impressive and the dash display is AWESOME, although I wish the red lighting would stay on without having to put SPORT on. What impresses me most is something most people wouldn't notice - closing the door is wonderful and freaking SOLID - like a bank vault. That is very important to me. The road noise is noticeably less than the Mazda 3 I traded in. It's a LOT quieter than two accords and four civics I've had in the past. The stereo is pretty amazing. One thing I'm very disappointed about is the lack of LED headlights on the Si. Shame on you, Honda. Now I just need to learn how to work everything! Overall, very pleased I guess for the price I paid. Great car, but time will tell.
Did you go on a test drive before purchasing the vehicle?

OP
OP

etcsthorne

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yes. The clutch adjustment was dramatically different on the new Si that I test drove.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
What impresses me most is something most people wouldn't notice - closing the door is wonderful and freaking SOLID - like a bank vault. That is very important to me.
I actually took notice of this the other day when I put her away for the night in the garage and it stayed in my mind longer than usual. It just goes THUNK. I did realize this solid sound and feel before though.
Congratulations on your new Si!

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea the door makes a sweet sound when you close it congrats

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
You get pretty used to the rev hang and clutch, it's not that bad once you learn the right way this car likes to be shifted. And be glad you don't have the LED lights though, they are horrible for output and glare. They do look nice on the car! Congrats on the Si though, can't go wrong with silver either.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
the stereo is definitely not amazing

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the stereo is definitely not amazing
Iā€™m going to disagree with you on this one. Iā€™ve read many posts talking about how bad this stereo is and I really like it. Iā€™ve turned down some of the settings and most of my songs sound amazing. The songs that donā€™t sound good Iā€™m leaning towards the quality the song was recorded at, not the stereo itself.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Iā€™m going to disagree with you on this one. Iā€™ve read many posts talking about how bad this stereo is and I really like it. Iā€™ve turned down some of the settings and most of my songs sound amazing. The songs that donā€™t sound good Iā€™m leaning towards the quality the song was recorded at, not the stereo itself.
if this stereo sounds great to you then you got some really low standards

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
if this stereo sounds great to you then you got some really low standards
I'll chime in here too- I come from full JL Audio C5 systems in my previous cars. Nothing can compare to those. However, the stock system, with some adjusting, silk-dome tweeters and a JL C2 center speaker, it is very acceptable to me. Definitely doesn't make me want to jump out and spend $1-2k, that's for sure. Still lacking at times in the bass department, but that's where an aftermarket sub should solve most of that. Building a custom fiberglass enclosure soon, for that sweet OEM look. One of the biggest initial configs I did was turning off the DTS Neural and Speed Volume.
Sponsored