Status
Not open for further replies.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I used to race my muscle cars at the drag strip. My current one probably will not.

Is it nice to have a car that handles well & you can enjoy on a twisty track or road? Sure it is.

I live in a flat state so there aren't too many curvy roads by me. But I can enjoy a burst of straight line acceleration when appropriate. IOW a 0-40 or 0-50 mph or getting on the Interstate. I don't care if anyone is around.

If I wanted to be noticed I'd have a Civic Type R with the huge wing, not a Charger with a small spoiler.
Sponsored

Reactions: Pzb

Kevindust

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport Upgrade manual, 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
I know what you mean. For every like 50 Mustangs I see, I maybe see 1 current Type R. Makes the Type R more rare which I love. If the law of supply and demand and scarcity is true then the Type R should be worth a lot more second hand in the long run.
That's not an apples to apples comparison. You are comparing sightings of all trims and all years of Mustang vs.1 trim of the current Civic. How many Mustang GT PP cars do you see compared to Civic Si's? How many 2015+ Mustang GT350's do you see compared to 2016+ Civic Type R's? These models don't compare in price or performance but a GT350 is just as scarce as a Type R. I'd also bet that the percentage of GT350 owners that track their cars is very similar to the percentage of Type R owners.

Since we're on a Civic forum, many people here probably don't know the difference between a Mustang GT, a Mustang GT PP1, a Mustang GT PP2 and a Mustang Shelby GT350. Well, I'm sure there are just as many Mustang enthusiasts that wouldn't know (or care about) the difference between a Civic Hatch, Sport Hatch, Si Sedan or a Type R.

I've owned three Mustang GT's (1994, 1995 with a supercharger, 2005) and several sport compacts (1985 Prelude, 1985 Corolla GT-S, 1993 Probe GT, 1998 Integra GS-R, 2010 Mazdaspeed 3) and I love both types of cars, sometimes for different reasons. What I've learned is that there is no perfect car but having torque is better than not having torque, rear wheel drive is more fun than front wheel drive and 3000 lbs is better than 3600 lbs.

At the end of the day, the current generation Mustang GT PP1/2, Mustang GT350, Civic Type R and Civic Si are all excellent automobiles.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I had two mustangs 1980 notchback (4cyl) 1983 hatchback with a stock two barrel 302 (5.0) I think it had 125 hp I put 1985 GT sway bars front and rear GT wheels and Monroe performance shocks and a strutbar it wasn’t fast but handled like it was on rails

Dans Honda

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2017 FK8 #00000
Country flag
I live in Adelaide Australia!

There are so many people that drive the GT mustangs and then the regular mustang it is really saturated yeah it is cool but over here the GT will set you back around 65-70k which is a lot of money!

Weeks

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
*shrug* I bought a '19 Civic Si because a) it puts a smile on my face during what's normally a very stressful part of my day: the morning commute, and b) because I can take the 7-year loan with tiny monthly payments and pay it off in 3, then trade it up for whatever Honda comes up with next in the Civic line, if it's worth looking at.

Had I gone for American muscle, I'd have a larger loan that'd take a lot more time to pay down, with larger payments eating up my monthly income only to go towards interest on the loan, and frankly I just don't enjoy the muscle car as much as I enjoy driving my new rocket-powered roller-skate. In either case, it wouldn't be about showing off or any sort of external image thing. It's all about how much fun and enjoyment I get out of driving the car.

I'll tell you what.. my first car was a Civic. Second car was a Civic. I then wandered off into "dad car" hell for a while, and now I have a Civic again, thank heavens. I've driven more powerful cars (though I've never owned one), but if I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd pay off the Civic and keep driving it. Why? Because I find it fun.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.