Too good to be true? Nokian zLine A/S UHP tires

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Are you guys still loving these? I’m debating them especially since they seem to be at a fair price even for 18s
Sponsored

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic ext 4dr sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you guys still loving these? I’m debating them especially since they seem to be at a fair price even for 18s
They wear great, but they don’t have any traction at all when it’s wet. I also had a bubble come up on my sidewall. I wouldn’t recommend them. Might of been a bad set tho.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any impressions of these tires in the snow?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, looks like these tires are terrific for spring, summer and fall but not so awesome in snow. I finally found some reviews of how they drive in snow and the consensus seems to be "no bueno". Since I live in a State that get snow, looks like I need to get a different tire.

Anyone need brand new high quality ultra high performance tires? I have a set for cheap.:)

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Question. If you buy tires online, where/how do you go about getting them mounted and balanced?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Question. If you buy tires online, where/how do you go about getting them mounted and balanced?
Any local tire shop will do that for you. In the past when I've done that, the charge is usually around $100 for mounting and balancing for all 4.

Last edited:

gen10_civics_ig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Update on these tires after a year and a half. After one year, one of them had a bubble on the side of it (never hit a bump or pothole) Amazon sent me a replacement.
Now however I am noticing a more serious problem and its pissing me off. The tires are dry rotting! I have no idea how because I drive my car every single day and I rotate the tires every 5000 miles and do alignments regularly.
All 4 of them have cracks running along the outer edges. Its seriously distressing.

Would not recommend these.

ammaross

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cadillac CTS
Country flag
Anyone have any impressions of these tires in the snow?
We've had a couple snowstorms since I got my zLine A/S tires (235/50R18) and they do fairly well wet or in snow. They're not quite a snow tire, but they're better than my old set.

I did take the opportunity to track these tires as well. They had a reasonable cold handling response. After a run or two they started warming up and feeling rather gummy and a bit loose, and by a few more laps they really warmed up and still had a gummy feel, but certainly improved in their grip and was able to take turns at a little higher speeds, but with a constant tire squeal while doing it, as I kept them on the edge. They kept my heavy car on the track pretty well, so I'm rather happy with them. It did feel like they didn't quite have the stopping power I'd have liked though. Treadwear should be fine. After beating them up for a few hours, there were no gouges or chunking that you sometimes get at a track from other tires, but you can sure see they had abrasions in the before and after pictures.

As for tire dates, I checked two tires and found 5218 and 0219 for the manufactured dates, so about a year old. Certainly sat in a warehouse less than the Amazon-sourced tires listed here. Maybe that's why Amazon's are cheaper?
Sponsored