Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Since I've upped my cars power with a tune I'm thinking about replacing the stock Firestones with better tires. Most of the tires I've looked at (I'm keeping the stock 215/50/17 size) are in the $100-$125 each price range. Yesterday, I came across Nokian Zline A/S UHP tires:
Honda Civic 10th gen Too good to be true? Nokian zLine A/S UHP tires rps20180407_232250-01

https://www.nokiantires.com/all-season-tires/nokian-zline-a-s/

They're W rated ultra high performance all seasons. Nokian is a pretty well known European brand mostly known here for their winter tires but they are branching out. There aren't many reviews online yet but the few I've seen on forums have been very positive. The kicker is they're being sold online for around $60 each which seems insane. Anybody know anything about these tires?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I'll be the guinea pig on these. I went ahead and bought a set of 4 from Amazon for only $250. Crazy price for a quality UHP tire.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Never heard of the brand. My replacements are going to be Yoko's.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nokians are from Finland and mostly sold in Europe and are known for their winter tires over here. They just broke ground on their first US factory. I've read these UHP's are as good or better then Continental DWS for half the price.

Last edited:

CosmicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6M
Country flag
Please post a review once you get some miles on them, especially if you get a chance to drive them on some snow.

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
Nokians are from Finland and mostly sold in Europe and are known for their winter tires over here. They just broke ground on their first US factory. I've read these UHP's are as good or better then Continental DWS for half the price.

Nokian is a hidden gem. It's a well known brand for enthusiasts usually. Their Hakka snow tires are basically the best out there.

Hard to believe the price on these

gen10_civics_ig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Just in time for me to try em out as well because my stock firestones are already dying on me at 29k miles

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Get 'em at this price while you can. I still can't believe the deal on these because Nokians are top notch tires even though a lot of people aren't familiar with them.

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
They are not available in Canada, but my local Nokian dealer told me they are $238 each (approx $185USD)

gen10_civics_ig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just got a set of em for $317 with delivery and installation. Wont be able to install em until next thursday or friday but I am excited to try these. Ive read nothing but glowing reviews for these across the internet.

Here's Amazon link for the stock 17" Tire size:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071Y3B9V3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Nice. I have mine but won't be installing them for a while. My Firestones still have tons of tread. I just couldn't pass up the deal on the Nokians as my next tire.

Please post a review of these here once you've tried them out.

gen10_civics_ig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Nice. I have mine but won't be installing them for a while. My Firestones still have tons of tread. I just couldn't pass up the deal on the Nokians as my next tire.

Please post a review of these here once you've tried them out.
I've never done a tire review before but I'll do my best next week and see what I can observe compared to the factory Firestones.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've never done a tire review before but I'll do my best next week and see what I can observe compared to the factory Firestones.
Awesome. :thumbsup:

I think the things to compare would be wet and dry grip, noise level and ride quality.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
FYI, unlike North American tire companies, Nokian sells premium, regular, and budget tires all under the Nokian brand name For example, Nokian's premium snow tires are called Nokian Hakkapeliittas, and its budget snow tires are called Nokian Nordmans. There are two zLines: the zLine, which is a max performance summer below the Hakka Black 2; and for ultra-high-performance all-seasons, there is the zLine AS, which slots below the Nokian WR G4 all-seasons.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Since Nokians are mostly sold in Europe many people don't realize they make excellent tires. They aren't some off-brand crap. Consumer Reports did tire testing that included Nokian. As you can see they rank pretty highly:

Honda Civic 10th gen Too good to be true? Nokian zLine A/S UHP tires Screenshot_20180413-080041~2
Sponsored