Toggling between Android Auto & Audio ?

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
When I go back & forth between Android Auto & Audio it takes a couple steps each way. For example if I'm displaying AA and want to view the audio screen, I have to tap an icon near the lower right of the AA. That takes me to the menu where I can select Audio. And going back to AA takes 2 steps.

Is there a one step process to do this that I'm missing?

Also, sometimes when going back & forth the AA is displayed as about a 1" band that is overlaying the top of the audio screen. But it only displays briefly & not all the time. Is there some way to share or split the screen to display both at the same time?

Thanks for any information.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
When I go back & forth between Android Auto & Audio it takes a couple steps each way. For example if I'm displaying AA and want to view the audio screen, I have to tap an icon near the lower right of the AA. That takes me to the menu where I can select Audio. And going back to AA takes 2 steps.

Is there a one step process to do this that I'm missing?

Also, sometimes when going back & forth the AA is displayed as about a 1" band that is overlaying the top of the audio screen. But it only displays briefly & not all the time. Is there some way to share or split the screen to display both at the same time?

Thanks for any information.
Up or down on the steering wheel controls?

OP
OP
BriteBlue

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Up or down on the steering wheel controls?
I never tried to toggle with the steering wheel controls. I've only played with AA a few times & never thought of that. I'll give it a try tomorrow & see if that does the job.

Thanks for the suggestion.

OP
OP
BriteBlue

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I tried the steering wheel controls & they just affect the audio. I can select AA and the system goes silent, and the display does not change one way or the other.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I tried the steering wheel controls & they just affect the audio. I can select AA and the system goes silent, and the display does not change one way or the other.
Oh, are you talking about changing the audio controls? Like enabling DTS and changing bass mid and treble?

OP
OP
BriteBlue

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Oh, are you talking about changing the audio controls? Like enabling DTS and changing bass mid and treble?
I was using the 4 arrow controls on the steering wheel. The up & down cycled through AM, FM, SXM, AA, etc. The left & right changed the radio stations. So I was able to toggle back & forth between AA and SXM but it only changed the sound. It did not change what was displayed on the center dash screen.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I was using the 4 arrow controls on the steering wheel. The up & down cycled through AM, FM, SXM, AA, etc. The left & right changed the radio stations. So I was able to toggle back & forth between AA and SXM but it only changed the sound. It did not change what was displayed on the center dash screen.
I don't think there's a way to make that any easier.
Sponsored