First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Radar detectors are more hassle than they're worth, and with instant on they've got you as soon as you know they're there.

I need to just pay better attention to speed limits. It was one of those "55 but everyone goes 65+" areas on a weekday around lunch, and he was just sitting around collecting revenue.
True, they can be a hassle and yes they are relatively noisy in town, but it's all worth it with just one ticket avoidance. Even with Instant On, if your detector can catch a whiff when he's using it on someone way in front of you, you can defeat the much maligned I/O radar. I suspect yours wasn't instant on and that would've been an easy win for a detector.
Sponsored

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
It seems when I'm on an expressway & someone is coming down a ramp to merge that they are aiming for me. I have the cruise control on & not racing anyone but do have the right of way. The merging person can get in front of me or in back of me, but it seems they want to be exactly where I'm at. Sometimes I'm able to move over but not if there is already somebody next to me. They don't signal, they don't look, they just try to push me out of the way.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I feel your pain @gtman . I have people pull out in front of me on a daily. The kicker is when people dangerously pull out in front of me on a 2 lane highway. Doesn’t bother to get into the lane that is completely empty. They would rather hear the roar of my 4 cyl blow by them when I shift into the empty lane to pass them. Even better is when people cut in front of you and there isn’t anybody in sight behind me. Couldn’t they have waited? They can’t be that much of a fucking hurry if they are going under the speed limit. That’s okay. I love a reason to put it into 3rd and get it. I really think it should be more difficult to get a license. I honestly feel like I am the only observant/considerate/competent driver on the road.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Some jerkoff almost clipped the front of my car today at 70 mph+ when he decided to merge into my lane without signalling or looking. I laid on the horn and he didnt even flinch. This pandemic is bringing out the worst drivers.

Tags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi A3 Quattro, 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan
Country flag
Pretty sure it's a rule that when you cut in front of somebody you then HAVE to drive 10 mph under the speed limit. At least it seems that way out on the road.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Pretty sure it's a rule that when you cut in front of somebody you then HAVE to drive 10 mph under the speed limit. At least it seems that way out on the road.
Absolutely mandatory, especially on 2-lane roads with no-passing zones!

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Respect. You're professional. :thumbsup:
I guess it comes with age too. If I got pissed off every time it would cost me too much in blood pressure pills. Being "cut off" is what I call driving. Happens all the time. But all kind of assy (as the opposite of classy) driving happens in some areas much more than in others.

Even better is when people cut in front of you and there isn’t anybody in sight behind me. Couldn’t they have waited? They can’t be that much of a fucking hurry if they are going under the speed limit. That’s okay. I love a reason to put it into 3rd and get it. I really think it should be more difficult to get a license. I honestly feel like I am the only observant/considerate/competent driver on the road.
This way of cutting off someone takes all the prizes. It happens even on empty roads. I am the only car around, but some Slow Joe or Lazy Jane will jump in front of me on a one lane each way road. They might not even do it on purpose, most such "drivers" don't even look and are not aware of the situation beyond the next coming car (at best), because they are busy doing something else besides driving.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I started to reply to different posts in this thread 3 times and then stopped. I realized when I was pretty young that I had to take a zen approach to all the idiots on the road or it would drive me crazy so 99% of the time I just shake my head and sigh. ? I find replying to this thread takes me out of my zen state ?

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
What is wrong with people and why are stupid people allowed to drive? :banghead:

So today, I'm coming home from work and minding my own business driving 40 mph on a quiet street. Then some moron in a white SUV decides to cut out in front of me from a side street.

Here's the thing, we've all probably done that before. Maybe we were in a rush or misjudged the other car's speed. But if you're going to cut out in front of someone like that at least speed up.

But no. The driver of the SUV stayed at a fairly constant 20 -25 mph. They even started brake checking me and honking their horn.

Didn't they realize they were the one in the wrong? I mean first you cut out in front of me and then you drive 10+ under the marked speed?

SMH.
Haha. That always happens to me - usually in my work truck. They just have to be first - it's a fucking disease and they should all be shot in the face and thrown in a ditch, but since society frowns upon that kind of thing, I just swear at them and otherwise put up with it. ?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I guess this is what royally ticked me off about the SUV driver ...

There was no one behind me. I saw them on the side street ahead. They came to a full stop and appeared to be a competent driver and waiting patiently.

Until they suddenly pulled out into the road when I was doing 40 and right on top of them. Again, shit happens. But don't go 20mph, brake check me, honk your horn and act pissed because I'm now on your tail.

Just speed the F up and get going.

Last edited:

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
What is wrong with people and why are stupid people allowed to drive? :banghead:

So today, I'm coming home from work and minding my own business driving 40 mph on a quiet street. Then some moron in a white SUV decides to cut out in front of me from a side street.

Here's the thing, we've all probably done that before. Maybe we were in a rush or misjudged the other car's speed. But if you're going to cut out in front of someone like that at least speed up.

But no. The driver of the SUV stayed at a fairly constant 20 -25 mph. They even started brake checking me and honking their horn.

Didn't they realize they were the one in the wrong? I mean first you cut out in front of me and then you drive 10+ under the marked speed?

SMH.
Agree 100%. If you're in that much of a rush to pull out in front of me then get a move on.

ts13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I find myself saying regularly now " Just F'ng GO!" - the pull out and slowpoke manuever is "Priceless"

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stupid people are not only allowed to drive, but worse, they are allowed to vote.:doh:
And they breed... a lot.
They just can’t be stupid alone.
They have to create their own herd.