Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
What is wrong with people and why are stupid people allowed to drive? :banghead:

So today, I'm coming home from work and minding my own business driving 40 mph on a quiet street. Then some moron in a white SUV decides to cut out in front of me from a side street.

Here's the thing, we've all probably done that before. Maybe we were in a rush or misjudged the other car's speed. But if you're going to cut out in front of someone like that at least speed up.

But no. The driver of the SUV stayed at a fairly constant 20 -25 mph. They even started brake checking me and honking their horn.

Didn't they realize they were the one in the wrong? I mean first you cut out in front of me and then you drive 10+ under the marked speed?

SMH.
Sponsored

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Totally agree, I've miscalculated my fair share of merges, but I'll always speed up for courtesy (and fun). I'll usually give slow drivers the benefit of the doubt in case they simply don't know the current limit, but if we pass a speed limit sign and they are still going 10-under I'll give em a good beep or pass them up.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quarantine brings out the psycho's and morons on the road. I've actually seen more nutjobs driving now than before. People who drive 10+ over the limit are an all day accurence now and I barely see any cops on the roads. Couple weeks ago I watched a guy in a Mercedes turn at a light and floor it up to 100 in 1 block and didn't let off.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Get a dashcam, and remember that most insurance doesn't give a shit who was right, they only care who was in an accident and will raise your rates. Don't @ me with "but muh accident forgiveness," sure, there's exceptions. But rates can still go up after you are found not at fault, because fuck you.

It feels shitty to let them "win," but let them ahead of you and let them go by and slow down until they're gone.
Got a dashcam recommendation that won’t break the bank by chance?

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Quarantine brings out the psycho's and morons on the road. I've actually seen more nutjobs driving now than before. People who drive 10+ over the limit are an all day accurence now and I barely see any cops on the roads. Couple weeks ago I watched a guy in a Mercedes turn at a light and floor it up to 100 in 1 block and didn't let off.
You are certainly correct, we now live in a society where so many are totally self-centered and literally both unaware and uncaring about anyone or anything other than themselves. Adding in their attention to their "devices" (I've been rear-ended twice by texters) and other impairments like drinking and you have a nightmare of drivers with virtually no driving skills to deal with. I've read the statistics on the increase of impaired drivers in states where recreational marijuana is legal, add that to the drivers using even where its not legal and the problems multiply. All this combined with the stresses of unemployment, isolation and, yes, anger and you really have to drive with not only more attention but an attitude of real caution. The isolation, insecurity and fear created by this pandemic has made driving to work (I'm retired, 72, and work 4 days a week in a "essential" job) a real scary challenge.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use VIOFO A119S in both my cars. It's not the best anymore, but it's about $100 and can pick up the license plate of the car ahead of me. Here's a short clip from when I got a ticket a few months ago. Don't forget that YouTube isn't defaulting to the native 1080p60 res, and even then there's compression on YT that doesn't exist on the original file.
Sweet mercy, less that camera zooms out, how far does that cops radar freaking reach?!

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Turn on high beam and drive little to the left to shine the beam onto his face through side mirror.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use VIOFO A119S in both my cars. It's not the best anymore, but it's about $100 and can pick up the license plate of the car ahead of me. Here's a short clip from when I got a ticket a few months ago. Don't forget that YouTube isn't defaulting to the native 1080p60 res, and even then there's compression on YT that doesn't exist on the original file.
You sir need a radar detector. I personally hate driving without one.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
legit had that today on my way home, I had 1 car in front of me already then another car pulls out in front of them and peaks at almost 20 under the speedlimit then manages to gain some speed half a mile later on the downhill but still never even gets up to the speed limit

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Times like that are when I miss having an obnoxiously loud muscle car. Blowing past people who cut me off, a nicely timed clutch kick near redline with no cats and bullet mufflers right by their drivers door.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Stupid people are not only allowed to drive, but worse, they are allowed to vote.:doh:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is wrong with people and why are stupid people allowed to drive? :banghead:

So today, I'm coming home from work and minding my own business driving 40 mph on a quiet street. Then some moron in a white SUV decides to cut out in front of me from a side street.

Here's the thing, we've all probably done that before. Maybe we were in a rush or misjudged the other car's speed. But if you're going to cut out in front of someone like that at least speed up.

But no. The driver of the SUV stayed at a fairly constant 20 -25 mph. They even started brake checking me and honking their horn.

Didn't they realize they were the one in the wrong? I mean first you cut out in front of me and then you drive 10+ under the marked speed?

SMH.
Always disliked this. If someone can't enter traffic at a speed to not affect traffic's speed, then they should wait. If I've entered the road somewhat close to another car, I always gun it to make sure I'm not in their way. I definitely feel like I'm in the minority.

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Happens to me everyday. I get cut off everyday too. I don't know if it's just something about me, maybe I have bad luck. Or maybe all the bad drivers are out to get me since I talk so much shit about them ?
Sponsored