As long as you are happy. Great car
Sponsored

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I owned a 2016 Mazda3 Touring for awhile, but had to sell it since I was moving across country and already had 2 other cars. I honestly wish I would have sold my BMW because I really miss that 3. I almost bought another one before my Civic, but it just didn’t have enough rear room for my growing son. It was a great car, the handling was superb and it was a ton of fun in sport mode.

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
How I tone my anxiety down in my 2020 CTR. , I drive in the right lane and put on lane departure mitigation, lane keep assist, adaptive cruise , forward collision warning, and brake hold. Oh i forgot first i change over to comfort then turn on Iheart radio and listen to some podcasts, while I let the car practically drive itself.

Then I caress my alcantara steering wheel , whiles playing with my volume knob. I also look at my MPG go up to 30-32MPG on the highway depending how far I am driving. If it is daytime , while the car is driving practically itself I also take a look at everyone driving and notice everyone wanting to check out my 20s and look at my Champ White Civic Type R.

Its great driving a vehicle knowing it wont depreciate much

EUTypeR

First Name
Dominiek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Tourer 2.4 Exclusive 2005 + Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 Sport diesel 2006 + Honda Civic Type R 2018 + Volvo 760 Turbo Intercooler 1986
Country flag
I drive in the right lane and put on lane departure mitigation, lane keep assist, adaptive cruise , forward collision warning, and brake hold.
Yeah right, cruising on the right lane until you want to overtake a slower car on the 2nd lane and that suuuuuper sensitive adaptive cruise control is hitting the breaks while you are doing your overtaking, in order to respect that a so holy safety distance. This way it really sucks a lot of times, because a car should not slow down when you are overtaking another car, and especially compared to the similar system in my brother's Passat who is not at all reacting so freaky under the same conditions.

I hope HondaHack comes with a solution, like disabling the adaptive feature when using your indicators during overtaking a vehicle. Or an on/off setting to allow to return to the good old regular cruise control situation like before (without adaptiveness).

In my experiences the adaptive cruise control is only good for 2 rather seldom and so extreme situations (at least here in Belgium): when there are (almost) no other vehicles on the road (call it white), or when it is very dense traffic (but still driving, no stop/start traffic, call it black). So for all traffic in the grey zone in between black and white a regular cruise control is better suitable. A plus is the fact that the configured speed is kept when you shift the gears. This is not on my 2006 Accord with manual gearbox, so I need to push Resume after changing gears.

And that forward collision warning feature is also a pain in the but. It even starts to dingle when I break on a normal pace (so no emergency stop) when approaching a red light where a car is already standing still.

Or maybe is there something wrong with my car? My navi and dashboard has been replaced already, so maybe it is. Honestly I am fed up with all those beeps around me, very distracting and plain dangerous while driving. And no, in the EU version you cannot disable them all, only some.

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I owned a 2016 Mazda3 Touring for awhile, but had to sell it since I was moving across country and already had 2 other cars. I honestly wish I would have sold my BMW because I really miss that 3. I almost bought another one before my Civic, but it just didn’t have enough rear room for my growing son. It was a great car, the handling was superb and it was a ton of fun in sport mode.
Yeah that's a great way to put it! The handling is really good for just an economy car, sport mode really perks up the engine and the automatic does a superb job either by itself or when I use the paddle shifters. Couple that with the nicely appointed interior and Mazda did a terrific job with this car. I'm really glad I was able to find this car and place a deposit on it - I know the later model GT hatchbacks with this many options are kind of a rare find. This one happened to be a lease return so I lucked out I just happened to spot it when I did. It had just arrived and after I test drove it I heard that two people were in line to check it out. I'm glad the dealer let me throw a deposit on it while I still looked.

How I tone my anxiety down in my 2020 CTR. , I drive in the right lane and put on lane departure mitigation, lane keep assist, adaptive cruise , forward collision warning, and brake hold. Oh i forgot first i change over to comfort then turn on Iheart radio and listen to some podcasts, while I let the car practically drive itself.

Then I caress my alcantara steering wheel , whiles playing with my volume knob. I also look at my MPG go up to 30-32MPG on the highway depending how far I am driving. If it is daytime , while the car is driving practically itself I also take a look at everyone driving and notice everyone wanting to check out my 20s and look at my Champ White Civic Type R.

Its great driving a vehicle knowing it wont depreciate much
My 2018 had none of that, sadly.

Congrats! Nice new car and I lIke the angles. Not everyone can dig up the courage choose being true to self and respond with maturity when faced with internal opportunities for personal growth. How cool that a platform in the Type R was a memorable route in that journey for you, and you took time to share your story with others. You may have inspired more people to be honest with themselves too. Respect! Keep cruisin’
The last few years I lived a lot more careless and immature in ways (although, don't get me wrong - I'm still plenty immature) and I realized that it had to change. I knew the car was something I cherished but also knew the obsession over it was straining me mentally, and once I got over the catastrophic thinking of not having it anymore (panic attacks, breaking down into deep depression), I knew I could do it.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ouch what a downgrade. How come you didn't stick with another Honda since you had to trade in?

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ouch what a downgrade. How come you didn't stick with another Honda since you had to trade in?
I had already owned a 10th gen Civic twice now, so I wanted to try something different. There were no Accords that caught my interest and the only Acura I was interested in was a TLX, and the one I wanted was out of budget and the dealer didn't contact me until too late.

You can call it a downgrade if you want - it's a downgrade in power and cool factor, sure, but it's a massive upgrade in comfort and convenience for me.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had already owned a 10th gen Civic twice now, so I wanted to try something different. There were no Accords that caught my interest and the only Acura I was interested in was a TLX, and the one I wanted was out of budget and the dealer didn't contact me until too late.

You can call it a downgrade if you want - it's a downgrade in power and cool factor, sure, but it's a massive upgrade in comfort and convenience for me.
Ah ok makes sense. The TLX is a nice car for sure, but yeah expensive.

Yeah from a CTR to a Mazda is a downgrade but if that is what you wanted and needed then that is good you got it. How is it on fuel anyway? People always tell me their Mazda's are better on fuel then any Honda I don't believe them LOL.

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Yeah from a CTR to a Mazda is a downgrade but if that is what you wanted and needed then that is good you got it. How is it on fuel anyway? People always tell me their Mazda's are better on fuel then any Honda I don't believe them LOL.
From what I've seen so far, the fuel economy is very good. The previous owner lived in NYC so I imagine that's why his fuel economy was pretty bad, but from a full tank of gas I've barely used any driving it about 35 miles in total yesterday. I'll have to see how much range I get when it's time to fill up. I believe it's something like 25 city, 36 highway and 30 combined.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag

The Mazda 3 vs the CTR would be extremely unfair to compare in terms of fuel economy :p

Edit: for the longest time Mazda was like Toyota and sticking to their NA guns for as long as they could hold on. I know Mazda's newer sky active motors are turbo'd though. Being able to push fuel economy on an NA motor is a lot harder than doing the same with a turbo as well. I'd argue that Mazda's fuel economy tech probably is better than Honda's.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Mazda 3 vs the CTR would be extremely unfair to compare in terms of fuel economy :p

Edit: for the longest time Mazda was like Toyota and sticking to their NA guns for as long as they could hold on. I know Mazda's newer sky active motors are turbo'd though. Being able to push fuel economy on an NA motor is a lot harder than doing the same with a turbo as well. I'd argue that Mazda's fuel economy tech probably is better than Honda's.
Not compared to the CTR I should have explained better lol. Just in general compared to say a base Civic or Accord. I don't think it is but like I said I never drove one. I am getting almost 900kms to a tank with my 2017 Civic base hatchback, I can't see Mazda coming close to that honestly.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congratulations brother

Happy to see you overcoming your anxiety one step at a time, it's been a pleasure talking with you time to time on these forums and I wish you the best with ur new car!! Mazda 3 is a great choice :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congratulations brother

Happy to see you overcoming your anxiety one step at a time, it's been a pleasure talking with you time to time on these forums and I wish you the best with ur new car!! Mazda 3 is a great choice :headbang: :headbang:
Yeah dude, doing what I did yesterday is like a breath of fresh air honestly. There's some lingering thoughts about how much I miss it but they aren't anywhere close to what I thought they would be.

The good news is I have this to always remember all the good times I had with my car. I'll cherish it forever.
Honda Civic 10th gen Today was a hard day... EiIMLvLXkAEk5Rs
Honda Civic 10th gen Today was a hard day... EiIMLvNXgAAo5fb

brownman

Driving a car in the land of the truck
First Name
eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
no social status will ever surpass ones joy, comfort and personal taste. congratulations on your purchase and best of luck with your personal battles we may never fully understand. keep safe

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
...but I did it, guys! I said I was gonna trade my car in for something more docile since my needs have changed, and I did just that today. Leading up to this moment I had a lot of anxiety and worries that I was making a mistake. Then I started to realize I was overthinking everything, and that I could do it. I beat that anxiety, and I beat it into the ground.

I won't lie, when I stepped out of my Type R for the last time, there were tears in my eyes. They were tears of sadness - but over the horizon I saw my new car waiting for me. I told myself I can do it, and I pulled through. As I drove off the lot... I wondered, did I just do that? And when I was able to say "yes I did", a smile perked from my face once more.

The Type R was one of the best cars I've had the privilege to own without a doubt. It may have had it's flaws, but there was magic in the way the Type R drove. It was the finest example of Honda's engineering knowhow, and I am truly grateful to say I was able to experience it for my 2 1/2 years of ownership. I'll never forget how many smiles this car gave me.

My new car is nowhere near as cool, or fun, but that doesn’t mean it is a total drag. This is my new 2017 Mazda3 Grand Touring Hatchback with the 6-speed automatic transmission!

EBD477E6-3637-4F27-B441-A206DDE1B03F.jpeg
690368D5-A691-4E49-83CD-EAA15A1066FD.jpeg

So my new car isn’t as cool, but I’m OK with it. With the stress in my life this suits me perfectly. It’s comfortable, quiet, and loaded with tech. It’s not Type R quick, but it’s not a total slug either. I can tell you that this car really feels good to drive through. The steering and handling especially. I’m already really fond of my choice.
The new Mazda hatch looks cool. What are you talking about? Congrats on the new car! It's still a hatchback!