Today was a hard day...

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
...but I did it, guys! I said I was gonna trade my car in for something more docile since my needs have changed, and I did just that today. Leading up to this moment I had a lot of anxiety and worries that I was making a mistake. Then I started to realize I was overthinking everything, and that I could do it. I beat that anxiety, and I beat it into the ground.

I won't lie, when I stepped out of my Type R for the last time, there were tears in my eyes. They were tears of sadness - but over the horizon I saw my new car waiting for me. I told myself I can do it, and I pulled through. As I drove off the lot... I wondered, did I just do that? And when I was able to say "yes I did", a smile perked from my face once more.

The Type R was one of the best cars I've had the privilege to own without a doubt. It may have had it's flaws, but there was magic in the way the Type R drove. It was the finest example of Honda's engineering knowhow, and I am truly grateful to say I was able to experience it for my 2 1/2 years of ownership. I'll never forget how many smiles this car gave me.

My new car is nowhere near as cool, or fun, but that doesn’t mean it is a total drag. This is my new 2017 Mazda3 Grand Touring Hatchback with the 6-speed automatic transmission!

Honda Civic 10th gen Today was a hard day... EBD477E6-3637-4F27-B441-A206DDE1B03F
Honda Civic 10th gen Today was a hard day... 690368D5-A691-4E49-83CD-EAA15A1066FD

So my new car isn’t as cool, but I’m OK with it. With the stress in my life this suits me perfectly. It’s comfortable, quiet, and loaded with tech. It’s not Type R quick, but it’s not a total slug either. I can tell you that this car really feels good to drive through. The steering and handling especially. I’m already really fond of my choice.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Sharp looking ride. I've always liked the styling of the Mazda 3 hatches and the interiors are first rate. Good safety tech too. Good luck with it.

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats...hope some weight fell off your shoulders. Good choice
Feels like a lot honestly. I got home and worried not seeing the big ol wing would cause me to panic. I was wrong!
Sharp looking ride. I've always liked the styling of the Mazda 3 hatches and the interiors are first rate. Good safety tech too. Good luck with it.
Yup, this was one of the first cars I looked around for. I got a gem of a find to get one this well appointed (would’ve been a unicorn with a 6MT). Always loved how they looked and glad it’s my ride now.

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Before I got my 2018 civic hatch, I was looking for Mazda. My choices were
Mazda 3
Mazda 6 and Cx-6. I know they all different classes. But somehow I like Mazda designs. Then Ended up with buying civic hb Which im in love!
congrats and enjoy the new ride!

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like a nice ride. If you’re happy... then we’re happy for you, bud. ?
It’s a very nice ride. It has just the right amount of firmness to be comfortable and sporty. I did consider just going back to something like a Civic hatch but I wanted to expand my horizons and try another brand. I will miss the ferociousness of the Type R but the added comfort this provides is exactly what I needed.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Glad you found something that suited you. So long as you’re happy, forget what the rest of the world says. Enjoy your new whip, and congrats on the purchase!

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Looks sharp. You know you did the right thing for you, and that's all that matters. I love my CTR, but it's just a car. Good luck.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Congrats and enjoy!! Lot of fun different cars for the various stages and needs of a life. You had a solid 2.5 in the R but you will find a lot to love with the new ride and a lot less aggressive drivers lol. Enjoy!

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
CONGRATS and that is a SHARP looking car. Like others have said - the styling of the Mazda3 and the interior have always been really nice. Happy you are happy with it - and I’m sure it gets great gas mileage on top of the good looks :)
Sponsored