Today, JD Power on USA Today Listed Top Quality Cars - Sad Honda not on it?

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
JD Power for many years looked at “the initial quality” and rated high the domestic and other brands that hired them. Now they went ahead more boldly where no one has gone before and started claiming that Chevy is “more reliable” than about anything else, period.

They probably did something to be able to, at least formally, support this new claim. Must have included some other data, but as it is stated it’s BS nevertheless. And I am the guy who absolutely does NOT diss all the domestic cars, and who doesn’t even think that the ability to drive a car 300 kmiles is all that important.

Still, I received their very detailed survey very shortly after buying the car, not nearly 90 days. I remember noting that walk-away locking feature wasn’t reliable. Later I found that my keys interfered with the fob. I’m using walk-away locking every time all the time and it refuses to lock maybe once in a month, maybe for a reason. I would not complain about it today; instead I would list it as one of my favorite gadget features, even though it’s not very important.

I also remember noting that the premium stereo was not all that impressive. I now changed my mind after setting the sound just right. It definitely does have a premium sound quality, and I don’t feel any need for any mods to it.
Sponsored