Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag
@NSXCTR How do you like the car compared to your other ones? Seems like you've pretty set with some cars and most go up and not down.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Hello Type R world

Today should be marked the biggest day for Honda fan boys, especially people who has been wait for Type R for a long time, i am talking about over 20 years of waiting. The forbidden fruit has finally come to CA. I just got mine today and it definitely won't be lonely in my garage. :D

Will put on the track soon, after breaking in you know ;)

Enjoy the pix

IMG_6612.JPG

IMG_6611.JPG

IMG_6608.JPG

IMG_6601.JPG

IMG_6600.JPG

IMG_6595.JPG

IMG_6592.JPG
Congrats and did you pay $65k for your CTR?

OP
OP
NSXCTR

NSXCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2017 Acura NSX, 2017 CW Honda Civic Type R
Congrats and did you pay $65k for your CTR?
i did pay ADM but not 65K. It was enough for me the get the Type R in white. It's all about supply and demand. If it makes sense, my suggestion is just go for it.

OP
OP
NSXCTR

NSXCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2017 Acura NSX, 2017 CW Honda Civic Type R
@NSXCTR How do you like the car compared to your other ones? Seems like you've pretty set with some cars and most go up and not down.
My favorite by far right now is the NSX and type R. both honda family and super fun to drive. Between this two cars there is really no comparison, the NSX is a hybrid powertrain with 9 speed DCT. Type R is a 4 cylinder VTEC T with 6 speed manual. Both need to be owned if financial is not an issue. It's two of the best Hondas and IMO the best cars the markets has to offer right now.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
i did pay ADM but not 65K. It was enough for me the get the Type R in white. It's all about supply and demand. If it makes sense, my suggestion is just go for it.
Agreed, also agree with your earlier post comparing CA home prices. Median home prices up here in SF is now $1.2M, so I'm shocked SF Honda is not selling their's for $100k. :D I also had paid ADM for my CTR, but not as much as some.

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag
My favorite by far right now is the NSX and type R. both honda family and super fun to drive. Between this two cars there is really no comparison, the NSX is a hybrid powertrain with 9 speed DCT. Type R is a 4 cylinder VTEC T with 6 speed manual. Both need to be owned if financial is not an issue. It's two of the best Hondas and IMO the best cars the markets has to offer right now.
I thought the NSX was sick when Jay leno did his review. I have other friends in CA so perhaps one day I'll get your permission to stop by there and sneak a peek! I'll own one, one day. Just gotta keep grinding.

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Here is a quick shot of the three babies together. Will have more pic coming soon.

IMG_6616.JPG

IMG_6617.JPG
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. That is just fuuuuuuuuuu@$&@!!! Wow.
They still have the dealer plates on them.. jeeeeeeeeez. You're doing great buddy!:eek:

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
I will take either of those babies off your hands so you can put your Type R in your garage where it belongs.

I just don't have much money to give ya tho...

Congrats on the car

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
I was just talking to someone that is an engineer on the NSX and how the NSX is a technology showcase. The technology is front and center. Interesting to compare with the CTR which still holds on to some old-school stuff like FWD and a 6 speed. To me the technology is a little more "in the background".

I think we'd love to hear more from you to compare the two. I've driven the new NSX (owned a 1st gen but can't afford to own the new one) and to me you really have to be getting on it to get the most out of it (and then holy hell is it ever fast) but as a daily driver, it left me wanting as it wasn't engaging enough for me as the technology made me feel too removed. I know my short stint was less than enough to really gauge this properly though and I bet I'd be damn grateful in horrible traffic. I've also been in the passenger seat on the track in one and holy hell it was nuts with someone that really knows what they're doing! In the end though, the NSX I really want is a non-hybrid, rear wheel drive, manual transmission, 500 lb lighter version. Again, easy to ask for given I couldn't afford that one either! ;)

Given that, I am dying to get the CTR as I've been complaining a LOT lately about how cars are getting so advanced that they're losing a bit of their soul for the sake of performance numbers. Porsche did this with the 991.1 GT3. Fast as hell? Yeah, but not everyone puts that at the top of the list. I think they realized some people wanted to shift themselves. So the 991.2 GT3 will have a manual again and guaranteed that the manual will be the one that is harder to get. I was following an SLS and a Gallardo into work today and I started wondering if I would enjoy the CTR more than those... but then wondered if I'm just trying to justify it to myself because I can't afford the big boy cars. :)

You're now the 2nd person I know that has both the new NSX and the CTR so I'm very interested in your opinion on this. Oh... and I'm jealous as hell that you have both of Honda's top cars! Kudos. I also love how you go all white. Very cool.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We should meet somewhere in Newport, like crystal cove or something like that. It's nice car that deserves to be in a nice area, lol.
We should post up a SoCal meet thread soon. I'm loving the idea. Especially getting the CW CTRs together.
Sponsored