Jakupdoesnt

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I will be upgrading my stock radiator to a koyorad radiator. Would it be best to upgrade the radiator hosing also? I only plan on taking it to a few time attack events throughout the year (3-4)but other than that I'm not too sure if I really should upgrade it. any recommendations?
Sponsored

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will be upgrading my stock radiator to a koyorad radiator. Would it be best to upgrade the radiator hosing also? I only plan on taking it to a few time attack events throughout the year (3-4)but other than that I'm not too sure if I really should upgrade it. any recommendations?
What car? What tracks? What time attack series?

On 1.5ts cooling is not a problem for anyone running a proper oil cooler, mesh grille, and vented hood. At least for all those on tracks in soCal that Im aware of.

For Rs there is a long thread that shoudnt be hard to find all about cooling.

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Modern coolant hose will last a long time! So..Depends on how long you want to keep your car or personal preference.

I don't race, just personal preference and being proactive regarding Hotrod 101!

When I did the change to Koyorad last year, I did the change to PRL silicone coolant hose as well. Also, a complete set of ABA marine grade hose clamp for the hose set.

OP
OP

Jakupdoesnt

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
What car? What tracks? What time attack series?

On 1.5ts cooling is not a problem for anyone running a proper oil cooler, mesh grille, and vented hood. At least for all those on tracks in soCal that Im aware of.

For Rs there is a long thread that shoudnt be hard to find all about cooling.
Sorry for the reply, I will probably do 2 track events throughout the year and mainly streets of willow

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2018 Civic Hatchback sport.
If you are stock, manual transmission, you will have no cooling issues in your hatch sport on SOW. You are bottlenecked by power, brakes, and grip in a half hour or less session before engine cooling becomes any issue. Speaking from personal experience with track days in the 110 degrees and more region.
Sponsored