To those who want to run E85..

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So I came across a problem in my Si.. I did get my car tuned When I was running E40 at 25 psi. I decided to run Full E85 for a month and That’s where I ran into this problem. My car ran fine up to 18-19 psi until I hit 20 psi and higher. After 20psi, my car would really bog and wouldn’t go anywhere. I had no idea why until I called my tuner and asked
Why my car was doing that running full E85. He told me I need bigger injectors and a higher pressure fuel pump and they don’t really have bigger injectors made specifically for this car. So my car wasn’t getting the amount of fuel that was needed.

No wonder Daniel Butler(tuner) told me not to exceed 55% ethanol.. I should’ve listened. My car is running fine now after adding gasoline and bringing down the ethanol content to 50%

Keep in mind I don’t know much about mechanics.. I just know how to drive the heck out of it.
Sponsored

ONEPNT5.Si

First Name
Dustyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Si
Country flag
So I came across a problem in my Si.. I did get my car tuned When I was running E40 at 25 psi. I decided to run Full E85 for a month and That’s where I ran into this problem. My car ran fine up to 18-19 psi until I hit 20 psi and higher. After 20psi, my car would really bog and wouldn’t go anywhere. I had no idea why until I called my tuner and asked
Why my car was doing that running full E85. He told me I need bigger injectors and a higher pressure fuel pump and they don’t really have bigger injectors made specifically for this car. So my car wasn’t getting the amount of fuel that was needed.

No wonder Daniel Butler(tuner) told me not to exceed 55% ethanol.. I should’ve listened. My car is running fine now after adding gasoline and bringing down the ethanol content to 50%

Keep in mind I don’t know much about mechanics.. I just know how to drive the heck out of it.
I would not go over 45%.
DRob has stated that there are no benefits running past E40 or so on these cars.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
You don't want to end up in this position....sorry @kshawn I keep going to you!

Honda Civic 10th gen To those who want to run E85.. Kshawn2.JPG

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Lol I was running E35. But meth on top :rolleyes:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Haha it's fine. My GF is giving me the most shit about it. She's really wearing out the I told you so xD

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's why everyone runs E37 or E40. Max power you can make on an Ethanol blend with stock fueling components.

OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
That's why everyone runs E37 or E40. Max power you can make on an Ethanol blend with stock fueling components.
Yeah I know NOW. I’m just letting the guys who are ignorant (me) and other who think they can or want to run Full E85 on these platforms.
Sponsored

Last edited: