Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Shouldn't have to wait to long since you got a Ford Exploder. (Ba-duh-tsss…. J/K!)

Congratulations on the 3rd kid. I do the 3 kids thing in the Civic when we pick the Civic over the Odyssey, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Once they outnumber you... it's brings a whole new dynamic to the family. For us, since our kids are all pretty close in age (4, 6 and 8) it's like Lord of the Flies... and we're Piggy.
Only other car we have is a Nissan Sentra so that was even worse than the civic lol
All my kids are still in car seats so there’s no way i could fit all three in the civic. Even if I could fit them it would be useless because my wife can’t drive stick
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only other car we have is a Nissan Sentra so that was even worse than the civic lol
All my kids are still in car seats so there’s no way i could fit all three in the civic. Even if I could fit them it would be useless because my wife can’t drive stick
Well... like the picture on my profile. It works... but it requires very specific seats. Radians... like the R100s... there's a few other types. The problem is generally the width of the seat... and these are narrow enough without a bunch of extra plastic on the sides that they work with actually a little room to spare.

Imagine the same setup in a 9th gen... with less legroom and I think the hip room was down a bit as well.

Now imagine the same 3 seats, but with the one behind the passenger seat rear facing (it's a convertible). To get enough legroom in the front passenger area to be comfortable, they sell wedges to adjust their angle slightly so you can let the seat come back a normal amount. We *bought* the 9th gen Si knowing we'd go 3 across with 1 rear-facing. I guess we're just crazy like that.

Now, we're down to using 2 as boosters and only 1 is still using the straps. It's still working fine... and let me tell ya... a 10th gen is a *lot* bigger than a 9th gen in the back, though it may not seem like it. It may be just an inch or two... but it's a lot when you're talking about cramming a family of 5 in one. Would an Accord had more room? Of course. For us, we wanted to stay with a cheap, light, tossable car.

A manual was a requirement for my wife... and they're getting harder to find. I understand there's no fixing needing it to be an automatic.

Edit: found my pictures I posted over on 9thgencivic. Tight like a tiger with a bit more angle. Seriously... gen 10 got roomier back there.
Honda Civic 10th gen To those that sold their Si Screenshot_20190329-234858
Honda Civic 10th gen To those that sold their Si Screenshot_20190329-234841
I

Last edited:

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Out of curiosity did you break even or did you owe? Also where did you sell it to carmax or back to Honda?
Resale has been pretty strong on the SI. I actually saw a '17 SI on EBAY for $ 22,000 - with 25,000 miles on it. Just for an example. You may do okay with a private sale. More hassle of course, plus you get hit with more sales tax on the new vehicle than if you traded it in. That said, you may still come out ahead selling it yourself. Know your numbers! Then the dealer has a harder time undervaluing it. They will still try to to pay less, since they a) want to make money on that car too, plus they have to do the work of selling it, paying commission, storing it, maintaining it, insuring it, etc. until it sells. Also, obvious advice perhaps, but make sure you clean it up so they have no excuse to knock the price down. Good luck. I plan on driving the wheels off of my '17 SI, but that's me.

todda

2018 Aegean blue CTR 14103
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean blue Type R; 2011 Subaru WRX limited; 2003 Acura RSX-S were previous vehicles
Country flag
Out of curiosity did you break even or did you owe? Also where did you sell it to carmax or back to Honda?
Assuming you are solid financially, if the new car makes you happy, why not do it?--I traded in a 2011 WRX with only 49k miles and purchased a 2018 CTR. Many people convinced me that if it makes me happy, go ahead and do it, so I did. It sure helped the situation that I only lost $9k (about $100/mo over my ownership of the WRX..that's like a starbuck's coffee every day for 7+ years) between what I paid for the Subaru and what I sold it for privately. And the CTR is so awesome as a daily driver that I am happy that I made the decision as it is just a pleasure to drive. Also, my fuel costs are slightly lower and my insurance did not change either.
Sponsored