To replace my sport hatch: Si, sport hatch or Elantra GT?

OP
OP
VarmintCong

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Are 2020 si's really going for 23k + tax now?? If so, that's a steal, just go for that.

I went from a hatchback car to the 2020 si sedan. I still prefer hactches for convenience, but the boot is really big, the seats fold down, and I have a roof rack on my si. MPGs are ridiculously good as well. Overall, it's an excellent value for the money.

Oh and the LSD does help with snow and loose stuff. I live in a mountainous area, and the car does well in the snow. I do run snow tires though bc I don't expect the all seasons to handle the snow/ice well. The only issue I have is the ground clearance, but that's only very rarely a problem and it's a sedan anyway, not an SUV.
$24,500 + tax etc is cheapest I've seen, that was from Truecar. Haven't talked price with any dealers yet, there's very few left on lots right now.
Sponsored

2020CivicSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Yeah no dealers in my area have any in stock. At 24500, still an excellent price. I still say get the si. Other than the type R, the si will probably hold value well.

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag
I’ve owned 2 new Hyundai’s in the past. They were both great from 0-60k miles, with issues starting around that mark on both. My last Hyundai was a turbo sonata that I traded for my SI and boy the build quality on Honda has been way better

OP
OP
VarmintCong

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Yeah no dealers in my area have any in stock. At 24500, still an excellent price. I still say get the si. Other than the type R, the si will probably hold value well.
Yeah, thanks, I think it's a good deal, and only $2k more than a Sport 6MT.

True car (employer benefit) gave me a dealer price of $2100 off, but the dealer said "nope, we're not honoring that, it's $200 off." :D They can suck it. I'll pull the trigger when I can get $2000 off MSRP. I might have to wait until inventory returns.

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag
Yeah, thanks, I think it's a good deal, and only $2k more than a Sport 6MT.

True car (employer benefit) gave me a dealer price of $2100 off, but the dealer said "nope, we're not honoring that, it's $200 off." :D They can suck it. I'll pull the trigger when I can get $2000 off MSRP. I might have to wait until inventory returns.
You should make sure truecar knows they aren’t honoring the program
Sponsored