Neosky

First Name
Almer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I had the CTR rmm with Whiteline inserts for a week. Loved it, especially when shifting since there was no slop. And the added NVH was very tolerable except for the A/C at idle which many have mentioned. Couldn’t stand it and got rid of it. Now I’m going to try the hardrace Q0676 CTR rmm where it’s all hardened rubber. Supposed to get it soon after waiting for 3 months. Hopefully this is the happy medium of performance vs NVH. The new PRL rmm looks great too but have no clue when that’s coming out.
Their site says April 1st. Hope it’s not just an april fools. 😂
Sponsored

OP
OP

Pauleo1214

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1974 MB 450SE, 1982 MB 300TD
Country flag
You’re at that point where you either part HER out or the part the car out!
Welcome to the timeless old practice of either dumping the chick or getting a more practical vehicle.
Life choices my friend.
If we hear from you again after today, we will kow your decision.
Best of Luck !

****Side note, Hondata has a far superior control on wheel slip and hop. No RMM needed but someone can roast me for such blasphemy. Whatever.
Unfortunately wife, s/o, gf problems don't have solutions that involve getting the 10mm socket.

The Si was the car she let me get because it's still practical. No way was I keeping it stock!

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Performance wise, would you say 1.5 RMM & Perrin Inserts would be on par with 27Won Street 70a? I think I saw on the Perrin site that the inserts are 70a as well.
27WON Street 70a gives you the performance but without the NVH from the 1.5T + Perrin Insert. I've had it on for a year, and for my purposes feel that I don't need to go further with the CTR.

Neosky

First Name
Almer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I had the CTR rmm with Whiteline inserts for a week. Loved it, especially when shifting since there was no slop. And the added NVH was very tolerable except for the A/C at idle which many have mentioned. Couldn’t stand it and got rid of it. Now I’m going to try the hardrace Q0676 CTR rmm where it’s all hardened rubber. Supposed to get it soon after waiting for 3 months. Hopefully this is the happy medium of performance vs NVH. The new PRL rmm looks great too but have no clue when that’s coming out.
PRL just released their rmm today, btw.

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I took mine out a few days ago. The NVH at low RPMs got really annoying after 1500+ miles. I live in a high stop-n-go traffic area, so I just couldn't take it anymore. I honestly didn't notice any "breaking in" of the inserts after all those miles either.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
PRL just released their rmm today, btw.
I just got my hardrace CTR rmm after 3 months on order so will give that a shot. It should be less aggressive than the PRL mount but glad thats available in case.

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the perrin inserts. I noticed a difference in the NVH right away but its so minor overall that I'm shocked to see so much negative feedback. I'm not getting a catback or do any other exhaust mods because I don't want the annoyance day to day. I say that to give some comparison to how minimal the NVH increase is to me. Way less annoying than any exhaust mods. Does the TSP stage 1 tune up the idle, reducing the NVH? I'm not sure... I'm pretty sure I flashed back to stock for at least a week or two in the last year or so I've been running the inserts and didn't notice a difference in NVH. Now, I did get mine used but I don't know how much break in there would be... the previous owner said he ran them for about a year.

OP
OP

Pauleo1214

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1974 MB 450SE, 1982 MB 300TD
Country flag
I took mine out a few days ago. The NVH at low RPMs got really annoying after 1500+ miles. I live in a high stop-n-go traffic area, so I just couldn't take it anymore. I honestly didn't notice any "breaking in" of the inserts after all those miles either.
This is what I've seen from most people who've installed them.
I have the perrin inserts. I noticed a difference in the NVH right away but its so minor overall that I'm shocked to see so much negative feedback. I'm not getting a catback or do any other exhaust mods because I don't want the annoyance day to day. I say that to give some comparison to how minimal the NVH increase is to me. Way less annoying than any exhaust mods. Does the TSP stage 1 tune up the idle, reducing the NVH? I'm not sure... I'm pretty sure I flashed back to stock for at least a week or two in the last year or so I've been running the inserts and didn't notice a difference in NVH. Now, I did get mine used but I don't know how much break in there would be... the previous owner said he ran them for about a year.
I have full bolt ons at this point. Intake, turbo inlet, down pipe, front pipe, and exhaust are all 3" pipes at this point. The exhaust is a Skunk2 and it has a good amount of rumble that can drone at lower RPMs. Adding NVH to it might make it unbearable.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
So you don't get any objectionable/major vibration with the A/C on at idle? Are you using the stock Si mount or a CTR mount?

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have full bolt ons at this point. Intake, turbo inlet, down pipe, front pipe, and exhaust are all 3" pipes at this point. The exhaust is a Skunk2 and it has a good amount of rumble that can drone at lower RPMs. Adding NVH to it might make it unbearable.
For $30 you can try them out and see for yourself. Super easy to install.

So you don't get any objectionable/major vibration with the A/C on at idle? Are you using the stock Si mount or a CTR mount?
Stock si mount. Installed inserts with ~40k miles, at 54k now.

It was a noticeable difference for a week or so i guess. I remember it sounding different cranking up and taking off from a stop. That either went away or became normalized over a week or two. My wife has ridden in the car a bunch as well as driven it a handful of times and never commented.

I have an evo 8 with poly mounts all around and it shakes the dash and the steering wheel bounces at idle, still vibes a decent amount with the idle raised 1100 rpm to make it bearable. My civic is nothing anywhere close to that. But I guess its a YMMV situation.

Last edited:

GobbFather

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
I have these inserts. I daily my car and this was something that bothered me to no end. At idle with the A/C on, even the spoiler on the trunk would rattle like crazy. Im fine with some extra noise, but rattles drive me crazy. Thankfully i have Ktuner, i raised my rpm idle to 740 from 725. That really made a huge difference, and makes it idle much smoother. If this is a bad idea please tell me!

stanleywinthrop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've had the Perrin inserts for about 9 months. After the break in period its perfectly fine EXCEPT on hot summer days with the AC. Then its not so fine. I've been dreading the return of summer so much I splurged on the new PRL mount based on their promises to eliminate the NVH. I have it in hand and hope to get it installed tonight. It will be in the 80s this week so I should have an answer on the NVH shortly.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
The first summer was bad with Perrin inserts at idle with the AC on. I wound up taking one insert out for the next summer, put it back in when the weather cooled off (relubed both of the inserts) and wound up leaving then on through another summer and it was much better. Side note, how do you raise your idle with Ktuner? Is this only available with the Ktuner tuner? I'm using the Phearable 1.5.

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
27WON Street 70a gives you the performance but without the NVH from the 1.5T + Perrin Insert. I've had it on for a year, and for my purposes feel that I don't need to go further with the CTR.
Based on this I made the switch to the 27Won Street RMM and can confirm it's less harsh than my stock with Perrin inserts. I only have like 50 miles on it as well. The change out was a total PITA though :D
Sponsored