Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running a Hondata +6 base tune on my 1.5 turbo. I did a datalog and all the numbers look good and safe.

I personally believe the Ktuner and Hondata tunes are very safe. The problems seem to happen when people adjust stuff. If you don't know what you're doing you can really f things up.
Sponsored

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Be better informed - There are currently 3 versions of turbo Civics; the 1.5 liter available in the EX - Touring models, the 1.5 liter available in the Si model, and the 2.0 liter available in the CTR.
I don't follow FB but the only "rod failures" I've heard of via CivicX was in a 1.5 liter EX - Touring models that had been "tuned" and "played with" by individuals/owners who were pushing the envelope (too far).
The Si and CTR version of the turbo engines are vastly different than the "base" 1.5 liter engine in the EX - Touring models.
Think he was just making a joke and keeping things light

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
This is not fake news.

There has been a handful of failures on the CTR engines from making big torque at slow engine speeds when they've been turned up hard.

That being said, none of these failures have been using any software manufacturer's base calibrations.

OP
OP
fk8mike

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
This is not fake news.

There has been a handful of failures on the CTR engines from making big torque at slow engine speeds when they've been turned up hard.

That being said, none of these failures have been using any software manufacturer's base calibrations.
we know that but on what platform? hondata/ktuner/motec and the cause of that

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
The cause is exceeding the physical strength of the rod through torque production.

The tuning platform doesn't matter; you can do it with all the solutions on the market if you crank it up far enough, early enough. :)

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
why would platform matter?
You can tune and adjust it to make big torque at slow engine speeds on any tuning software.

FlyByeBlueSi

FlyByeBlueSi
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
why would platform matter?
You can tune and adjust it to make big torque at slow engine speeds on any tuning software.
17 Si not tuned at all, took to dealer at 53,768 miles. They said I had flashed my ECU to stock at the current milage. There's a rod straight through the front of my block. Honda auto- vod my entire warranty saying"these cars are pretty much all electronic, with you tampering with the ECM your warranty is no longer valid. " Once again, I never touched the ECU, but I did catch the dealer trying to scam $350 for an engine tear down for a warranty claim on my extended warranty, so I called them and asked why I was having to pay for the tear down, they didn't know what I was talking about, so they called the dealership then told me dealership would be calling me. The next day dealership called and said that they would be using the manufacturer's warranty, like they were doing new a favor... next thing I know im getting a call saying I'll have to foot the bill for$7000, I feel like I was sabotaged for catching them red handed. Supposedly, I flashed the ECU at the current mileage. I have neither the means nor want to VOID my warranty. Everything that I have changed had been cosmetic except the exhaust.

Honda Civic 10th gen to much low tq=dead engine FullSizeR

Nostake

First Name
jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
17 Si not tuned at all, took to dealer at 53,768 miles. They said I had flashed my ECU to stock at the current milage. There's a rod straight through the front of my block. Honda auto- vod my entire warranty saying"these cars are pretty much all electronic, with you tampering with the ECM your warranty is no longer valid. " Once again, I never touched the ECU, but I did catch the dealer trying to scam $350 for an engine tear down for a warranty claim on my extended warranty, so I called them and asked why I was having to pay for the tear down, they didn't know what I was talking about, so they called the dealership then told me dealership would be calling me. The next day dealership called and said that they would be using the manufacturer's warranty, like they were doing new a favor... next thing I know im getting a call saying I'll have to foot the bill for$7000, I feel like I was sabotaged for catching them red handed. Supposedly, I flashed the ECU at the current mileage. I have neither the means nor want to VOID my warranty. Everything that I have changed had been cosmetic except the exhaust.

FullSizeR.jpg
not suprised, most car dealers and particularly honda the warranty is hardly worth the paper its printed on, they use any real or imagined excuse to get out of repairs, however i would DEMAND they show you proof, because they have too

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
you might want to take it all the way up to the District Manager like this guy did. He also got accused of ECU mods by Honda. Good Luck n keep us posted.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/warranty-experience-local-honda-franchise.35766/

FullSizeR.jpg

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I don't understand how you can be accused of an ECU mod if you haven't done one. What evidence are they showing that it was done?

RunningHot2017

20 years. Smashing gears.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
My question is why did a rod decide to die on a stock Si?

FlyByeBlueSi

FlyByeBlueSi
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't understand how you can be accused of an ECU mod if you haven't done one. What evidence are they showing that it was done?
They haven't shown me a single piece, but they refuse to talk to me. So, my car is sitting at home where they can't damage it anymore than they have.

Honda Civic 10th gen to much low tq=dead engine 20190728_180716
Sponsored