To Mod or not to mod

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Apart from Hondata, do you need a custom tune if you change the downpipe and front pipe ?

I’m assuming the aircharge tables will cause you to have 0 benefit until you tune for it.
Sponsored

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
Fujitsubo is the best sounding exhaust available for this car IMO and the eventuri intake is badass. Couple them with hondata and it’ll be like you have a whole new car. Don’t worry about warranty my car just hit over 40k miles and it’s been tuned since 5k miles with 0 issues

tde1205

First Name
Tulio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TypeR
Country flag
Apart from Hondata, do you need a custom tune if you change the downpipe and front pipe ?

I’m assuming the aircharge tables will cause you to have 0 benefit until you tune for it.
ecu will throw out emissions codes with a different aftermarket DP, hondata should be the 1st mod everyone gets either way.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

If it’s catless, yes. High flow you usually can get away with it. Front pipe won’t need a tune. Correct on it doing next to nothing without a tune.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
If it’s catless, yes. High flow you usually can get away with it. Front pipe won’t need a tune. Correct on it doing next to nothing without a tune.
I’m curious to see what a large turbo + fuel system + pump gas would make, with everything else factory

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I’m curious to see what a large turbo + fuel system + pump gas would make, with everything else factory
Probably not much with the restrictive downpipe. But who knows, haven’t seen it done before

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
For me I could never leave anything stock. The type of car you drive is an extension of your personality. Always want to be different than the other guy. That's why the aftermarket is big business.

OP
OP
barbapapa

barbapapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R Championship White
Country flag
Is there any place with the Fujitsubo in stock currently? Or is this item special order?

Learn2turn:)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW FK8, 2005 S2000, 1995 Miata
Country flag
Life is too short!
Sell it or Send it!
If you can't afford to break the car (which you likely won't) then you can't afford the car.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
I think the best thing to do is create a spreadsheet and list down all your wants vs. needs for your car.

The major mods I felt necessary for my car and somewhat still keep it as stock were the high-flow K&N intake filter, HKS Spec-L exhaust, wheels and tires. All the other mods that came after that were strictly superficial (carbon fiber trims inside and out). That was the extent of mods that I did and I'm quite happy for the results without splurging and wasting too much on the vehicle.

I did fuss around with that firmware that allows you to change your wallpaper, audio settings and other things on your headunit but quickly found out that it was more trouble to maintain so I set the headunit back to stock.

The exhaust definitely brought the car to life, the wheels and tires addressed the rough and bumpy ride that those stock 20s caused even for regular street driving.

KH2

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type-R
Country flag
Personally i wanted a bit more out of the car and went for a PRL downpipe,frontpipe and a tune,currently running phearable stage 2 tune and i can not overstate how much these mods did for the acceleration,it's a totally different beast.

Also i'd recommend an intake just for the fun turbo tsshh sounds. But you should have an idea about what you want out of the car so you don't just end up doing something for the sake of doing something

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Personally i wanted a bit more out of the car and went for a PRL downpipe,frontpipe and a tune,currently running phearable stage 2 tune and i can not overstate how much these mods did for the acceleration,it's a totally different beast.

Also i'd recommend an intake just for the fun turbo tsshh sounds. But you should have an idea about what you want out of the car so you don't just end up doing something for the sake of doing something
Update: I put a Hondata on it with an @phearable stage 2 tune. Night/day difference. It's very fast right now, at least to me.
Glad your both enjoying the Phearable stage 2 tune.

To the OP: the best bang for the buck modification is going to be a Hondata Flashpro with the Phearable stage 2 tune.
There after, an intercooler would be a great supporting mod.
If you still want more power there after, a PRL HVI with a PRL downpipe would be a great addition.
Exhaust won't yield a large gain in power.

Hope that helps!
Sponsored