First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah your best bet would be bolting whatever you decide to go with on. You wouldn't want it flying off and hitting another car on the interstate, that would be a mess. I've had nothing but bad experiences using just 3m tape on certain parts in Florida where I was born and raised. The sun actually keeps it from adhering permanently because it gets heated up to the point of being removable every hot sunny day.
My sunroof visor uses 3M tape and so far I haven’t had anything come loose as of yet ?but I understand where you’re coming from as far as it coming off and hitting someone else’s car. I would hate for they to happen.
Sponsored

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag
My sunroof visor uses 3M tape and so far I haven’t had anything come loose as of yet ?but I understand where you’re coming from as far as it coming off and hitting someone else’s car. I would hate for they to happen.
That's good! You could always take whatever part you choose to a vinyl shop and have them wrap it cosmic blue to match your paint. Just a thought.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sedan Sport
Country flag
Honestly replace those wheels, black out side marker and get a chrome delete.

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly I haven’t decided yet if I am going to return the spoiler or not. I don’t want to but I also don’t want to drill holes. I got it off eBay and it came all the way from California. And I was so excited about getting it in the mail yesterday but I don’t know if they’ll let me return it seeing how it’s painted ?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You'll be fine using only tape. Just don't use the crap tape they sent. Use a genuine 3M tape and some adhesion promoter. I've had spoilers on that way and they stay on for the life of the car.

Prep is the key. Rub the rear deck area with rubbing alcohol. Let dry. Then apply a thin layer of adhesion promoter. About 15-20 minutes later, put on the spoiler and once aligned properly, press hard all around for a few minutes. Avoid rain for 24 hours and I promise you, that spoiler will be on as if it was bolted.

Recommended spoiler tape
https://www.amazon.com/3M-06394-DOUBLE-SIDED-ATTACHMENT/dp/B002MOF0X4/

Adhesion promoter (you need a couple packs)
https://www.amazon.com/3M-Adhesion-Promoter-Sponge-Applicators/dp/B07MVK1PG6/

toadislost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Sedan 1.5l Turbo
Country flag
You ever make a final decision on this?

I installed the "stock si" spoiler, got it on ebay, came painted and you can easily get it for $100-150 on ebay painted. and if you follow exactly what @gtman said to a T (I did the same exact thing), it will stay on as if it was bolted. I know some people might say its risky, but I've had that installed since March 2020, I live in SoCal and drive 60 miles on the freeway every day of the week, so you should be okay as well as long as you adhere correctly.

(PS ignore the screwdrivers and tools you do see in the picture, this is a picture I took after installing the aftermarket diffuser on my 2020 EX sedan as I did not like the stock one)

Honda Civic 10th gen To add or not to add ? IMG_9744.JPG

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You ever make a final decision on this?

I installed the "stock si" spoiler, got it on ebay, came painted and you can easily get it for $100-150 on ebay painted. and if you follow exactly what @gtman said to a T (I did the same exact thing), it will stay on as if it was bolted. I know some people might say its risky, but I've had that installed since March 2020, I live in SoCal and drive 60 miles on the freeway every day of the week, so you should be okay as well as long as you adhere correctly.

(PS ignore the screwdrivers and tools you do see in the picture, this is a picture I took after installing the aftermarket diffuser on my 2020 EX sedan as I did not like the stock one)

IMG_9744.JPG
I am thinking about installing an aftermarket diffuser on my car as well. But haven’t looked into which one to get yet.