to: 2016 civics owner - is the cabin loud?

Dixie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex T
What about when you pick up speed and accelerate? I find my turbo pretty loud to the point I am not sure it is normal.
Sponsored

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Hell the 2.0 is loud when you accelerate. I've never owner a vehicle newer than 1985 that was this loud in the cabin when accelerating with stock engine/exhaust. The engine is louder than my 2006 magnum was with a hemi

Manual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-T 6mt
Country flag
I want to know where that extra sound deadening material is missing from my LX so I can add it back. There's a lot of road noise on the older, less well maintained highways......
Check out this thread:
http://www.civicx.com/threads/skid-plate-damage.9179/#post-152592

Browncoat3000 posted a photo of the underbody engine cover (skid plate), bhorn notes the different shape and lack of soundproof material for the 2.0. So, .. for less than $100 bucks I guess you could order the 1.5 cover and see if you could modify it to fit the 2.0 (lx), or detach the two sound proof "blankets" and attach them to your (original) 2.0 engine cover. OR , search the internets for "automotive sound deadening" for something that looks like it'll work (3M sound deadening pad?) and cut to fit and attach -- probably best to use adhesive AND fasteners for that location. [p.s. -- heat/fire might be an additional concern]

You'll find plenty of threads where "quiet enthusiasts" have went to great lengths (and added weight as an unwanted by-product) to shield road noise (mostly tire noise) out of their older civics.

I think my car is fairly quiet, .. noticeably better than a Mazda3 I've driven and better than my '13 civic (which was an improvement over the previous year).

Last edited:

GRC888

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Sedan Touring
Someone mentioned that there is more sound deadening material used in the touring model. I have a touring and find that it's very quiet on the highway. On concrete surfaces it's a little louder but I suppose the cheapo tires (Firestone) can be blamed.
I just upgraded the OEM tires with Michelin Premier A/S from Costco -- They are doing a deal right now for $130 off a set of four tires if you use their Visa card. https://www.costco.com/auto-tires.html

It's a day and night difference. You of course will still hear the Touring's turbo engine on the low speeds / high accelerations, but the tire road noise is cut dramatically for me.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My Civic is not as quiet as my previous Malibu, but it is still very good considering it is a smaller vehicle. With the 6 speed i am able to keep the revs low if i want and the 215/16" Yokohama decibel DB tires (standard in china) help too.
Sponsored