First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have Michelin PS4S tires. Not asking to trade or offering for sale... Yet.
Next summer, I will have new tires. This is the way.
How many 32nds of remaining tread is appropriate to offer for sale or attempt to sell to a business?
They were my first summer tires ever, and aren't down to the wear bar... So, if I wasn't dead-set on new tires, the ?‍♂ in me would see them in use another season.
How much life is left in these tires? Is it enough for someone to enjoy a full season? Is it appropriate to list or otherwise sell/exchange them?
Sponsored

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Being dead-set on new tires for no particular reason is a bit weird, but you do you! ? You can sell them privately in any condition you want. If it’s to a garage, I imagine they’ll check the wear and condition and then offer you a low-ball price. They’ll typically only look at tires that are above half-wear (7/32) though.

The more wear left, the higher the price you can ask. Those are probably nice tires.

OP
OP
IronFusion

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Being dead-set on new tires for no particular reason is a bit weird, but you do you! ? You can sell them privately in any condition you want. If it’s to a garage, I imagine they’ll check the wear and condition and then offer you a low-ball price. They’ll typically only look at tires that are above half-wear (7/32) though.

The more wear left, the higher the price you can ask. Those are probably nice tires.
Thanks. I broke em in easy, wore em even, kept them out of the cold, and enjoyed them. I wear through tires, so if this had been a full season it was due to be their last. I'm sure a less spirited driver could get a full season from the remaing tread, or they could be good for a few drag nights. I'm just onto other things for when I will be putting that set of wheels back on ?‍♂
I have my sights set on some Supercar 3's.

Relatedish- if anyone knows how or where to go to roll a minor lip bend out of an alloy wheel... My one enkei has a slight cleft in the rim. It's not pretty, but it hasn't caused a beading problem.

Last edited: