Tires to replace stock?

latexyankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Ex-T so I have the firestones. One of the most common complaints I heard early on was the quality of the tires. I've been driving a truck for the past 9 years so I'm just getting back into the mode of zipping around in a car. I do drive the wifes subaru once in a while but I just wrapped it in 4 new Michelin last fall.

I don't find the stock tires too bad. They're not exactly super grippy but I "think" they are ok. However I've been driving the 4runner for 9 years w 4wd that I would put on in heavy rain and of course when snowing. I guess I'm just a little worried as summer brings the torrential downpours and I'm not sure how my driving style will fair with the stock rubber considering I'm used to flying by cars with 4wd. I dont drive super aggressive but I will take the lane or make a move, I will not just sit back and take it if traffic is moving dead slow. I know I want confidence while maneuvering, braking nd good accel in wet conditions. Snow is snow and while some tires are better than others, I drive slow regardless because....snow.

Am I selling these tires short, just being OCD or do I have a cause for concern here? If so any recommendations and comments on how handling has improved?
Sponsored

CosmicSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I have an EX-l and driving in the wet here in Western Washington I have had no traction issues. Dry traction seems pretty good but I'm sure a grippier tire would improve things...sure would be nice if Honda used Michelins like the old days ;(

I'll probable just drive on the Firestones for a few years then get something better.

sometimestwice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The tires on my EX are too soft around corners to be honest. Best tires I've personally had have been Nitto, Kumho, and Michelins. Its all based on your budget. A wider tire/rim also helps with that, even half an inch helps. Best performing and smoothness tire I've personally owned is surprising, they were the Nitto Neogens, next to Michelins I've had in the past.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
i love my dws06 tires. only reason i upgraded my tires is cause i got new wheels(18") for the summer since i plan on running winter tires on the stockers
Sponsored