First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the BF Goodrich ones and the center tread is completely gone after 6k miles. Never tracked, but I do daily it and drive spirited pretty much all the time. Performance is fine, just wish they lasted longer.
Sponsored

mrcivictyper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW CTR
Country flag
I have the BF Goodrich ones and the center tread is completely gone after 6k miles. Never tracked, but I do daily it and drive spirited pretty much all the time. Performance is fine, just wish they lasted longer.
I'm not a tire expert. But if the center is worn, does that mean the tires were over inflated? Is that possible?

ExileAeterna

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not a tire expert. But if the center is worn, does that mean the tires were over inflated? Is that possible?
That's what I was thinking, but all the pressures are where they are supposed to be. I'll try a couple pounds less for the back set I have rotated up and see if that makes a difference.

Slap KFD

Slapboogz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Honda Accord
Country flag
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Great in the dry and in the wet. You give up too much traction in this car going with an all-season. It’s one thing if you live in a climate that requires it, but in Houston, I’d look no further than the PS4S. Granted, you won’t get 45k miles out of them, but IMHO a 45k tire is a major compromise on this car.
Im considering these as my next tire for the car. For normal to semi aggresive driving on back roads in good weather, how many miles would u guess out of these?

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
That's what I was thinking, but all the pressures are where they are supposed to be. I'll try a couple pounds less for the back set I have rotated up and see if that makes a difference.
Did you get an alignment? If your pressures are good, you need an alignment if your tires are wearing that unevenly.

My set of Continental DWS 06 is at about 8k. I rotated and my fronts were at about 6/10 and the rears were at about 8/10. I don't think they're going to make it to 50k miles - probably 15-30k before I consider changing. I am not driving super aggressively either.

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Did you get an alignment? If your pressures are good, you need an alignment if your tires are wearing that unevenly.

My set of Continental DWS 06 is at about 8k. I rotated and my fronts were at about 6/10 and the rears were at about 8/10. I don't think they're going to make it to 50k miles - probably 15-30k before I consider changing. I am not driving super aggressively either.
What wheels do you have those mounted on?

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For my winter season daily driving, I mounted Toyo Celsius tires.

Sun, rain, snow, ice. They've been fine in. Do not have performance grip whatsoever, but they are a solid all weather tire for the price I got them.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
On stock wheels, what do you think about Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 vs Dunlop Direzza DZ102 - both in 255-35-20? I'm leaning toward the Firestones but the last set I had wore terribly unevenly so...

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Any recommendations for all seasons? I live in the northeast, so conditions are too cold for the stock summer rubber, but the plowing in my area is superb, so full snow tires would be a waste (since in most cases I'm driving on bare pavement, not slush).

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Any recommendations for all seasons? I live in the northeast, so conditions are too cold for the stock summer rubber, but the plowing in my area is superb, so full snow tires would be a waste (since in most cases I'm driving on bare pavement, not slush).
If you’re on stock rims, you have one option, Nitto NeoGen. They are OK for all season tires. They do get grip in the dry, but lack in the set in general. Not the best snow performance, but work if you’re going easier on them.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
If anybody is looking for a budget option, I've been driving on a set of falken ziex ze950 mounted on the stock rims. I got them in the 255/35/R20 size. I'm pretty happy with them so far, but its only been about a month and I've avoided driving them in very heavy snow or ice.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you’re on stock rims, you have one option, Nitto NeoGen. They are OK for all season tires. They do get grip in the dry, but lack in the set in general. Not the best snow performance, but work if you’re going easier on them.
I'll likely be going with 18-19 inch steel wheels short term, while I wait for Titan 18 inch wheels to arrive.

I just found out that my April Type R delivery got moved up to next Monday :mad:, so I'm now in desperate need of all-seasons.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would just get dedicated winter/summers

Don't see the point of getting an R and then skimping on the tires for sub-handling performance, kind of defeats the purpose imo
Winter tires would be an inferior choice in my case, since I don't actually experience conditions that require me to drive on snow. The temperature is my primary concern. In my experience, daily driving with snow tires on clear pavement would quickly lead to tons of tread wear.
Sponsored