Tires for daily Type Rs

jetydosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
The Toyo R888R really good for daily? 100 tread wear? How are they in the rain?

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Turbo S2000, 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee , 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Actual temps as low as zero, with wind chill around -20. Or it could be like now, where it's about 25 F out with a wind chill of 19 F. Appreciate the recommendation - I've heard great things about the Pilot Sport 4S Summer tires, so hopefully the A/S variant is just as good.
If those temps stay that low for 3-6 months winter tires (not snow tires) will absolutely help andwill not wear any more than normal. Winter tires are designed to work below 45 degrees. Not just for snow, they will help you stop and maneuver better duento the rubber not hardening up. Now with that being said there are some tires like the dws you can use all year long but they are not doing you any favors in the winter nor summer. I had dws on my wife’s bmw many years ago and hated that tire everyday. It was terrible in winter and destroyed the handling of the car in summer. Sorry for the long winded response just wanted to share. :)

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those that went with 255/35 or 245/35 on factory wheels...are any of you lowered?

edit, never mind, see @Ramster went with 245/35 on his swift springs and no issues

Last edited:

rebelthepit

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I wanted to try something different, so I ended up buying the falken azenis 510 for $675 plus the certificate and $75 mail in rebate.
What size did you end up going with on the Falken FK510? So far how are you liking them? These are the tires I’ve been looking at for a while. I would’ve also considered the General G-MAX RS but they don’t make the 245/30/20 or the 255/35/20. Those seem to be the Falken’s primary competition in that category of UHP tires in that class.

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
I realize this thread is like, old, so so old, but i took a suggestion from here on getting the michelin pss tires to replace the continentals (partially because no one had any conties in stock), but man oh man i'm really happy switching. the difference in ride was IMMEDIATELY noticeable. a tad quieter, a lot smoother, just better. i'm never going back.
Sponsored