Tired of having a wet butt!

Ionnaeus

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback
So I came home today in the middle of a monsoon, tree across the driveway and as we are walking up my wife says, "Why did you leave your windows down?"

& %$ $#@&%() I didn't leave them down!!! This has happened at home and at work

So for the 4th time in 5 weeks, I've come out to find my windows down. Read where I could do that by depressing (or "mashing" as we say in the South) the unlock button on the key fob. I was miles away and not home. Wife has other set and she was with me so not on her.

So what gives? Awesome feature on the 2018's?

TLDR:
Help me X Gens, you're my only hope! Why do my windows keep going down?
Sponsored

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
No new feature. Maybe electrical issues, take it to your dealer.

JJ-Civic

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic EX-L Coupe
Country flag
So I came home today in the middle of a monsoon, tree across the driveway and as we are walking up my wife says, "Why did you leave your windows down?"

& %$ $#@&%() I didn't leave them down!!! This has happened at home and at work

So for the 4th time in 5 weeks, I've come out to find my windows down. Read where I could do that by depressing (or "mashing" as we say in the South) the unlock button on the key fob. I was miles away and not home. Wife has other set and she was with me so not on her.

So what gives? Awesome feature on the 2018's?

TLDR:
Help me X Gens, you're my only hope! Why do my windows keep going down?
I just had this happen a couple days ago for the first time (18' Coupe). Saw something that said press unlock on fob, then hold unlock. Works w/i 50 ft. ???

OP
OP

Ionnaeus

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback
I just had this happen a couple days ago for the first time (18' Coupe). Saw something that said press unlock on fob, then hold unlock. Works w/i 50 ft. ???
Was nowhere near it to fob it. Any of the times.

Partinrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6mt
Have you taken in a doll named Annabelle in the past few weeks? In all seriousness, take it to your dealer. It’s electrical in nature.

BMO

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Sedan
My four windows only roll down when I press unlock 2x quickly. Seems like an electrical issue.

OP
OP

Ionnaeus

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback
Took the battery out of my remote/fob to see if that solves my problem.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
There is a feature on the fob that if you unlock the car, then hold the unlock button, it will roll all the windows down. The fob must be within distance for the car to read the signal. There could be an electrical issues as well as many have stated.

Another thing I consider is having the car cleaned as well. If there has been enough rain to soak your seats, it's possible that mold and mildew can occur; best to get atop of those issues now.

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T Coupe 1.5L T, 2020 Camaro LT1 6.2L V8, 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0L L6
Country flag
My Fob has a very far reach I can remote start it from the 4th floor of my Doctors office and the car would be in the back parking lot. I always keep the fob out of my pockets while at home and my wife keeps it out of her purse at home so the unlock button doesn't roll down the windows. If your fobs were not in a position where this could happen as others have said take it to the dealer and have it checked out.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you certain you're not pushing the buttons in your pocket/wife's purse? Like Tinyman said above, you can roll your windows down by pressing the unlock button twice and holding it down on the second press. The longer you hold it down, the further the windows roll down.

OP
OP

Ionnaeus

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback
Hard to say if it is happening due to the fob getting hit while in my pocket or my wife's purse. It's been a week and a half since it happened last so we shall see if taking the battery out does the trick. It's a minor annoyance at best since I was born before remote entry was invented.

Monnk13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
To recap: I have to do a 10 second foot dance to disable traction control, but I have accidentally opened my windows several times....

Edit: if I’m honest, I clicked on this thread seeing “wet ass” and was greatly disappointed

solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6MT
Country flag
Maybe someone that lives near you has the same frequency key fob as yours ? I know that happened with my neighbors garage door opener a few years ago, the house behind his just happened to have the same frequency opener. It only happened a few times, but it shows it can happen.

Taking it to the dealer would be a waste of time, unless they can replicate the problem while the car is there, they wouldn’t be able to diagnose any problem if they can’t actually witness it.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Maybe someone that lives near you has the same frequency key fob as yours ? I know that happened with my neighbors garage door opener a few years ago, the house behind his just happened to have the same frequency opener. It only happened a few times, but it shows it can happen.

Taking it to the dealer would be a waste of time, unless they can replicate the problem while the car is there, they wouldn’t be able to diagnose any problem if they can’t actually witness it.
The thieves trick with the garage door opener ks a thing lf the past, and no one remotes frequency is equal to any others nowadays.
Man things were simple back then
Sponsored