Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Trying to make stock tires last as long as possible, below is where stock tires are currently at with 33K miles. Thinking running the 9/32 tire up front exclusively switching LR RL until it is more wore down. I had to replace a tire due to Nair going through sidewall, this is why the one has 9/32. Do both front tires wire evenly at same place or does once side wear faster? Below is how tires are after 33K miles. So thinking of running the 9/32 and 8/32 up front for faster wear and 7/32 and 8/32 in the rear. Until the tires are a bit more even. Thoughts?

LR 7/32
RR 9/32
FR 8/32
FL 8/32
Sponsored

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
While I think you are overthinking this, i will play along. Assuming your alignment is good, I would say the drivers front would wear first as it always has the drivers weight in the car. Then again, you are only talking 1/16th of an inch delta between best and worst tire.. and whose to say you won't find another nail in the next 10K miles to make this all moot or by November, worring about switching to snow tires ;)

OP
OP
Dimitron84

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
While I think you are overthinking this, i will play along. Assuming your alignment is good, I would say the drivers front would wear first as it always has the drivers weight in the car. Then again, you are only talking 1/16th of an inch delta between best and worst tire.. and whose to say you won't find another nail in the next 10K miles to make this all moot or by November, worring about switching to snow tires ;)
I hope there are no nails in the next 10k I'm not going with eagles again for next set lol

Wh1SL3R

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX MT Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
Do both front tires wire evenly at same place or does once side wear faster?
Do you take more left turns or right turns? lol
If you're going dead straight, the driver side would wear slightly more due to uneven weight.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
or switch out the crummy oem tires for something good. I get why you want to make the stock tires last. I tried to do the same thing. It's about money. But when the local goodyear dealer offered to give me Eagle Sport "V" rated tires for a good price I took it. Switched from 215-55 r 16 firestone ft140's to Goodyear Eagle Sport 225-55 r16.

OP
OP
Dimitron84

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
or switch out the crummy oem tires for something good. I get why you want to make the stock tires last. I tried to do the same thing. It's about money. But when the local goodyear dealer offered to give me Eagle Sport "V" rated tires for a good price I took it. Switched from 215-55 r 16 firestone ft140's to Goodyear Eagle Sport 225-55 r16.
Ya I know... Also debating if I should go with a set of winter tires since I'm in northern ohio or just go with a good set of all season. I'm really a fan of Cooper tires which make the RS3-G1 for this car. however I have not heard the best about winter driving on those tires.... So I'm torn.
Sponsored