Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
So I have noticed this time around of my tire rotation that the rear tire was cupping pretty badly on the inside when I ran my hand across it. Also have noticed the growling noise that would come with that. Took it to my local shop thinking maybe alignment is out and causing this. Below is the paperwork I got back, shop is saying alignment seems fine. Any thoughts to what else could be a miss here? It seems to be driver side only front and rear. I usually never rotate tires side to side. Don’t think it’s wheel bearing, turning left or right doesn’t make noise any better or worse, noise is defiantly from the cupped tire but before I buy new ones I’d like to not have this issue with a new set.

Honda Civic 10th gen Tire ware cupping 02727C66-0D0B-414D-9972-9F6A3F6961D4
Sponsored

PaulE74

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport , 2012 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
So I have noticed this time around of my tire rotation that the rear tire was cupping pretty badly on the inside when I ran my hand across it. Also have noticed the growling noise that would come with that. Took it to my local shop thinking maybe alignment is out and causing this. Below is the paperwork I got back, shop is saying alignment seems fine. Any thoughts to what else could be a miss here? It seems to be driver side only front and rear. I usually never rotate tires side to side. Don’t think it’s wheel bearing, turning left or right doesn’t make noise any better or worse, noise is defiantly from the cupped tire but before I buy new ones I’d like to not have this issue with a new set.

02727C66-0D0B-414D-9972-9F6A3F6961D4.jpeg
Worn shocks can cause cupping.

OP
OP
Dimitron84

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Car only has 40k miles, and it's an SI so they are electronic shocks, suspension is stiff like a tank.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
40k miles on a 2018, dang. My 2017 just rolled past 30k recently. I'm still on two of the original tires (minor parking lot accident, managed to get wheel repair and two tires replaced :) ). Do you push the car hard in turns?
Sponsored