et4891

First Name
ET
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2019
Country flag
@Vic_L already linked to the wheel. The Motegi wheel is on TireRack, it seems to be the only place I can find it (I've linked to the black set, but silver is also an option). As for the Nitto NeoGen, it isn't the best at displacing anything really. It's OK in the rain, OK in the snow, but it's tread pattern makes it a little slippery in both conditions. In the rain you'll spin pretty easily (compared to other tires) while in the snow, you will have to take it easy. Basically, if it's not dry, they do have more trouble hooking up, which is unfortunate because they actually can handle the cold decently well.
So with the Motegi wheel suggested would be quite a good fit for Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ right? :D
Sponsored

OP
OP

et4891

First Name
ET
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2019
Country flag
I ran 245/35/20 Conti DWS 06 without issue when the weather was cold/snowy. Now Iā€™m on Michelin Pilot Sport 4s and my god these tires are worth every penny.

I definitely donā€™t think running all seasons all year round is the way to go though. This car feels like a car costing three times itā€™s value with good summer tires on. With the DWS 06 I could still take corners much faster than everyone else but there is a lot of wheel spin in the low gears when you push it.

You donā€™t need to track it to get your moneys worth with summer tires. Really for track use you should have a pair of Pilot Sport Cup 2s or similar.
Plus, I believe the Michelinā€™s will last longer than the stock Contis, so when it gets cold out again I can store them until the next spring. Until then Iā€™m gonna enjoy pushing this car.
I am definitely into Michelin tires, even though I am interested at getting all season tires but I do have an order integra which has winter tire so I am thinking of switching the car when season comes but would still like to drive CTR as much as possible.

Would the Ā® Sport A/S 3+ (245/35ZR20/XL 95Y) a good fit for the OEM wheel though? https://www.michelin.ca/en/pilot-sport-a-s-3-plus.html

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am definitely into Michelin tires, even though I am interested at getting all season tires but I do have an order integra which has winter tire so I am thinking of switching the car when season comes but would still like to drive CTR as much as possible.

Would the Ā® Sport A/S 3+ (245/35ZR20/XL 95Y) a good fit for the OEM wheel though? https://www.michelin.ca/en/pilot-sport-a-s-3-plus.html
Based on the size, yes it should since that is the same size I used with my all seasons on the OEM wheels.

Kevindust

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport Upgrade manual, 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
For a performance car that is driven all year round in Canada, I would generally recommend having two sets of wheels and tires so that you can keep a proper UHP summer tire on during the warmer months. However, if you won't be tracking the car and you are determined to only use an all season tire, the A/S 3+ is a truly fantastic tire. The A/S 3+ wouldn't be any good in an Ottawa winter but it might get you through Vancouver winters and in the summer it will have probably 85% of the performance of the top UHP tires.

(Source: While I don't own a Type R, my current used Mazdaspeed 3 came with A/S 3's. I expected them to be crap when I bought the car. I had put Pilot Super Sports on my previous Mustang GT so I know what great tires feel like and I assumed all all-season tires were garbage. I was wrong, the A/S 3's are shockingly good, even as they wear out. Not quite PSS level but closer than I thought possible. The A/S 3+ will be even better than my A/S 3.)

CTSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
I bought my 2018 CTR as a daily driver last November, at MSRP BTW, so needed to switch to winter tires almost immediately. I couldnā€™t find an all-season tire in the OEM size, so went with the Pirelli Sottozero Winter, a UHP true winter tire at nearly $2000 a set balanced and installed. As I live in a coastal area this was probably overkill especially as we also had a very mild winter. I would have used an all-season, if there was a real one available. I am very reluctant to move from the OEM tire and wheel spec as it is part of the total brilliant engineering that gives us the lack of torque steer and oversteer and the, clichĆ© though it may be, ā€˜cornering on railsā€™ feel in spirited street driving that makes the Type R what it is.

The Pirellis were fine in providing good traction in whatever conditions I did encounter, and the dry road handling was good. They do have a mildly ā€˜squirmyā€™ feeling and more road noise, probably to be expected given the different compound and the more aggressive winter tread having less contact area on the road. I really noticed that when I switched back to the Contact Pros a couple of weeks ago and regained that stuck to the road feeling. Although I have driven the Pirellis only about 3000 miles the treadwear was good, down by only 2/32 on the front and 1/32 on the rear, so with rotation I should get several more seasons out of them.

I doubt that I would ever go to one tire year-round even if a bonified all season tire became available. However, given my milder environment I might go to an all-season for the winter and a different summer tire, hopefully with better wear than what has been reported on the Continentals. Weā€™ll see how they do this summer. My tire dealer, a regional chain, matches Tire Rackā€™s pricing, does the seasonal changeover at the cost of balancing, about $50, and whether they have the $30K tire machine or not has done two changeovers with no damage to my wheels or tires.

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I went with bf Goodrich g-force comp-2 AS tires in 245/35/20. Wanted an all season tire to last me until I order some 18" wheels so I didn't spend the extra coin for Michelin all seasons.

Ride is good, handling is good, handled heavy rain driving like a champ, and there is no rubbing or other issues.

Honda Civic 10th gen Tire suggestions for 2019 Type R? 20190516_170906

Honda Civic 10th gen Tire suggestions for 2019 Type R? 20190516_170912

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
@Vic_L already linked to the wheel. The Motegi wheel is on TireRack, it seems to be the only place I can find it (I've linked to the black set, but silver is also an option). As for the Nitto NeoGen, it isn't the best at displacing anything really. It's OK in the rain, OK in the snow, but it's tread pattern makes it a little slippery in both conditions. In the rain you'll spin pretty easily (compared to other tires) while in the snow, you will have to take it easy. Basically, if it's not dry, they do have more trouble hooking up, which is unfortunate because they actually can handle the cold decently well.
How long did the NeoGen tires last? While they are listed as a AS UHP tire their tread rating is pretty low at 280. Trying to decide to go with them in stock size for Fall/Winter cooler temps or the Michelin AS4 in 245/35/20 on the stock LE rims. Car won't be driven in the snow or ice. We don't get much in SC anyway.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
How long did the NeoGen tires last? While they are listed as a AS UHP tire their tread rating is pretty low at 280. Trying to decide to go with them in stock size for Fall/Winter cooler temps or the Michelin AS4 in 245/35/20 on the stock LE rims. Car won't be driven in the snow or ice. We don't get much in SC anyway.
I was on track to get 30-40k miles out of them before I switched to 18ā€™s. The PS AS3+ and PS AS4 are both better tires from just about every angle (dry, wet, snow, slush, warm, and cold).

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
I was on track to get 30-40k miles out of them before I switched to 18ā€™s. The PS AS3+ and PS AS4 are both better tires from just about every angle (dry, wet, snow, slush, warm, and cold).
No doubt the Michelinā€™s are a better tire. The issue is they only come in 245/35/R20 to fit the LE rims which I want to use.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
No doubt the Michelinā€™s are a better tire. The issue is they only come in 245/35/R20 to fit the LE rims which I want to use.
some people have gotten away with using that size, but Iā€™m not one of them so I donā€™t have first hand experience. I will say that I really donā€™t recommend the Nitto NeoGen for this car. They are very mediocre for an all season tire. And even if you only use them in warmer weather theyā€™re only OK.

Silenthillnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I recently got a bad puncture on the oem conti tires so I decided to change out two of them since the tread was almost bald and I had to be somewhere the next day so I couldn't wait around for better options. I got 2 Nitto NeoGens put on the rears and I really regret it. The ride of my car feels really floaty and unsteady now and the traction control always wants to kick in when I'm in any kind of sustained high speed turn. It once kicked in on the freeway and it was actually kinda terrifying.

I dunno if changing them to the front will make it any better. Or if I should just take them as a loss and replace them with new contis or just replace all 4 with new pilots or something.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I recently got a bad puncture on the oem conti tires so I decided to change out two of them since the tread was almost bald and I had to be somewhere the next day so I couldn't wait around for better options. I got 2 Nitto NeoGens put on the rears and I really regret it. The ride of my car feels really floaty and unsteady now and the traction control always wants to kick in when I'm in any kind of sustained high speed turn. It once kicked in on the freeway and it was actually kinda terrifying.

I dunno if changing them to the front will make it any better. Or if I should just take them as a loss and replace them with new contis or just replace all 4 with new pilots or something.
The TCS kicking shouldn't be caused by the Nitto's in the rear, I'd expect more TCS kicking in if they are in the front... Though if you started doing a lot of cornering and stuff the stability system might complain about the misbalance since it's a brake-based torque-vectoring system. When I had the NeoGens, the TCS would kick when I tried to launch, but that's about it. Never really hit their peak while cornering.

Silenthillnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The TCS kicking shouldn't be caused by the Nitto's in the rear, I'd expect more TCS kicking in if they are in the front... Though if you started doing a lot of cornering and stuff the stability system might complain about the misbalance since it's a brake-based torque-vectoring system. When I had the NeoGens, the TCS would kick when I tried to launch, but that's about it. Never really hit their peak while cornering.
Yea, I don't know if it's because of the soft sidewalls of the Nittos or something else. Even when I wiggle the steering wheel, the backend feels like jello and I'm like yea... this isn't how it's supposed to feel. I'm taking a long drive up to San Francisco towards the end of the month so I'm probably just gonna bite the bullet and change them all to Michelins. Last thing I need is to worry for 500 miles about the weird handling of my car.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Yea, I don't know if it's because of the soft sidewalls of the Nittos or something else. Even when I wiggle the steering wheel, the backend feels like jello and I'm like yea... this isn't how it's supposed to feel. I'm taking a long drive up to San Francisco towards the end of the month so I'm probably just gonna bite the bullet and change them all to Michelins. Last thing I need is to worry for 500 miles about the weird handling of my car.
That's a little odd, I never felt that sort of weirdness when I was using the Nittos (4 of them though).

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (CW)
Country flag
I am in Alberta so we get way worse winters than you get in Vancouver so I went with 18" but 225's. On dry days I wish I went with 240's, but on the really bad says the 225's should be better.

As for tires I went with Michelin PA4's which are pretty well the benchmark performance winter tire. I can still have a little fun on dry days but the tires do break free at WOT - again this is because I am on 225's. Zero complains after one season, outstanding tire. If I were you I would go wider than me for Vancouver though.

Also a friendly reminder that "all season" doesn't include winter :) If you are looking for something that performs well below 0C or on icy roads, get a dedicated performance winter tire.
Sponsored