jesusinasnapbak

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I just picked up set of used Enkei Tuning Raijin 18x8.5 for an absolute steal. Some rich folk had them as winter tires on his M5 ? anyway.. is 255/40/18 too much for these? what size is everyone rocking and or recommend.
Sponsored

marauderguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Are you sure those wheels are a 5x114.3 bolt pattern that your car requires. I didn't see that as being listed for an M5.

OP
OP
jesusinasnapbak

jesusinasnapbak

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Are you sure those wheels are a 5x114.3 bolt pattern that your car requires. I didn't see that as being listed for an M5.
The guy said he had them on a M5 ?‍♂
the back of the rims do indeed say 5x120
the type r is a 5x120 any other civic is 5x114.3

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I just picked up set of used Enkei Tuning Raijin 18x8.5 for an absolute steal. Some rich folk had them as winter tires on his M5 ? anyway.. is 255/40/18 too much for these? what size is everyone rocking and or recommend.
255/40 will work on them. 245/40 is going to get you the least amount of speedometer error. I think I’ve seen some users go as high as 265/40. I’ve got the Raijin in 18x8 and run 245/40.

OP
OP
jesusinasnapbak

jesusinasnapbak

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
255/40 will work on them. 245/40 is going to get you the least amount of speedometer error. I think I’ve seen some users go as high as 265/40. I’ve got the Raijin in 18x8 and run 245/40.
I'm really thinking about the 255/40 because tire rack has Pilot Sport A/S 3+ for $132 a tire i'm about to scoop up

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I'm really thinking about the 255/40 because tire rack has Pilot Sport A/S 3+ for $132 a tire i'm about to scoop up
That’s like 100 bucks off. Is it a special buy/clearance special? If so I’d probably scoop those right up. Do note that those are generally older tires that are still good and if you drive the car often that shouldn’t cause much issue with the car Though.

OP
OP
jesusinasnapbak

jesusinasnapbak

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
That’s like 100 bucks off. Is it a special buy/clearance special? If so I’d probably scoop those right up. Do note that those are generally older tires that are still good and if you drive the car often that shouldn’t cause much issue with the car Though.
Its a special close out, now i plan to end up using these as my winter set and next spring/summer get Work Emotions or Desmond Regmasters. That being said is it worth it to get all seasons if im gonna be running 2 sets or is it worth it to get a Max Performance Summer tire since I'll be swapping between seasons.

if not let me know ill buy these off tire rack right now.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Its a special close out, now i plan to end up using these as my winter set and next spring/summer get Work Emotions or Desmond Regmasters. That being said is it worth it to get all seasons if im gonna be running 2 sets or is it worth it to get a Max Performance Summer tire since I'll be swapping between seasons.

if not let me know ill buy these off tire rack right now.
Yeah, those tires are going to be a little older, maybe over a year or something, I forget what they actually use to define a close out.

That said, the two tire setup depends entirely on where you are. The AS3+ works OK in snow (though the DSW06 might be a better choice here). It does fine in temperatures, but is OK in snow (but doable). Personally, for a 2-set setup, I’d probably do a dedicated winter tire over an all season. If you were further down south, I’d say go with the AS3+ all the way.

If you’re going to only have 1 set of wheels, then the AS3+ would work (as would the DSW06) well, that’s the use I am using my set for.

scottso990

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, 2016 HRV, 2009 Civic EX
Country flag
I actually ordered these exact tires from tire rack as well. Bought Enkei TS-Vs from them also and they are going to mount and balance them for free. I don't get them until Monday but my understanding is that size will work.

OP
OP
jesusinasnapbak

jesusinasnapbak

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah, those tires are going to be a little older, maybe over a year or something, I forget what they actually use to define a close out.

That said, the two tire setup depends entirely on where you are. The AS3+ works OK in snow (though the DSW06 might be a better choice here). It does fine in temperatures, but is OK in snow (but doable). Personally, for a 2-set setup, I’d probably do a dedicated winter tire over an all season. If you were further down south, I’d say go with the AS3+ all the way.

If you’re going to only have 1 set of wheels, then the AS3+ would work (as would the DSW06) well, that’s the use I am using my set for.
No I plan to run a dedicated set for winter and a dedicated set for summer
Raijin will be my winter wheels and will get a dedicated winter tire put on them this winter (place holders this summer)
Work or Desmond will be my summer wheels next summer

that being said is it worth it for those AS3+ to use this summer and next summer or get dedicated performance summer tires instead of those

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
No I plan to run a dedicated set for winter and a dedicated set for summer
Raijin will be my winter wheels and will get a dedicated winter tire put on them this winter (place holders this summer)
Work or Desmond will be my summer wheels next summer

that being said is it worth it for those AS3+ to use this summer and next summer or get dedicated performance summer tires instead of those
In terms of value, you probably won't get much better than those AS3+ simply due to price. However, if you want performance, you might want to go with a high-performance summer tire. All season tires in general are a compromise, and these aren't going to be different. The compromise isn't as huge as you'd think, but it's still there.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
jesusinasnapbak

jesusinasnapbak

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
In terms of value, you probably won't get much better than those AS3+ simply due to price. However, if you want performance, you might want to go with a high-performance summer tire. All season tires in general are a compromise, and these aren't going to be different. The compromise isn't as huge as you'd think, but it's still there.
So should I buy these

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...R8V701XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

or the Pilots?
Sponsored