Tire Rub on side marker screws?

TheRealWizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe / 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Country flag
Coilovers are working great! I love how they ride. They ride super smooth. At some bumps I would say stock suspension on sport mode is stiffer. I have my dampening set at 1/4 stiff all around. Il prolly stiffen them up. But yes the ADS light is on but d2 is currently working on a module for the light.
Hopefully they figure something out soon, might just buy springs for this season then coils next season.
Sponsored

j_babsR1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2004 Yamaha R1
Hopefully they figure something out soon, might just buy springs for this season then coils next season.
Supposedly it should be out soon within a month or so. I would just wait if I was you.

egp507

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe
I just installed my d2 coilovers on my si and put 20mm spacers up front and it sits real flush with the fender. I did not add any camber because I didn’t want camber and it rubbed on that tab a ton. I ended up taking the screw out, folding the liner behind the tab, heated up the paint on the tab and bent it with a rubber hammer. Now it doesn’t rub at all and still looks as if I did not modify anything. Il try to post pics tomorrow of a close up of it but here’s pics of the fitment so you get an idea of how close it was.

10B445CF-2462-4D2E-93D3-1DEA61FC17B1.jpeg

4ED53286-ED43-49AA-9CCA-74233EDCE4B7.jpeg
Can you take a pic of your tabs? I just lowered my car on coils, and my tires are resting on that screw!!

OP
OP
Bsagun1

Bsagun1

Instagram: @brians_fk8
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What size of wheels/tires is the OP running? Seems like that could be a cause of the rubbing. Plenty of other forum members have more aggressive springs or coilovers than Eibach Pro
I’m running 18x8.5 +33 in stock tires

si_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just lowered my car on eibach pro kit springs and was seeing if anyone has a problem with rubbing on the screw by the side markers and if there was a solution to this problem.
I'm also lowered on Eibach Pro-Kits on my MY17 Si and having the same issue only on hard bumps and potholes. I've seen people "roll" that tab and it seems to fix this issue.

OP
OP
Bsagun1

Bsagun1

Instagram: @brians_fk8
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm also lowered on Eibach Pro-Kits on my MY17 Si and having the same issue only on hard bumps and potholes. I've seen people "roll" that tab and it seems to fix this issue.
You think if I just bent it up it would be good?

Beater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner
Country flag
I experienced rubbing on the front fender liner tabs, on most dips/bumps right after installing the Eibach Prokit springs (18x8.5 35MM Konig wheels with stock Goodyear all seasons).

I rolled (folded over really) the fender liner tab and tucked the fender liner behind it.

No modification done yet, driver side view of the tab:
Honda Civic 10th gen Tire Rub on side marker screws? IMG_8397

Screw removed. You can also see where the tire rubbed through the fender liner.

Honda Civic 10th gen Tire Rub on side marker screws? IMG_8407

Yellow arrow: Side marker (for location reference)
Red arrow: Fender liner "rolled" or bent upwards against the inner fender. I then tucked the fender liner behind the tab to help hold it in place.

I would advise you heat up the tab prior rolling/bending to avoid cracking the paint like I did.

Honda Civic 10th gen Tire Rub on side marker screws? IMG_8844

Lots of discussion in the below thread regarding these springs. FYI

https://www.civicx.com/threads/fina...s-specific-to-si-coupe-sedan-by-eibach.16748/

zahratayyab

First Name
zahra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
corolla
Coilovers are working extraordinary! I cherish how they ride. They ride super smooth. At a few knocks I would state stock suspension on don mode is stiffer. I have my hosing set at 1/4 solid all around. Il prolly solidify them up. In any case, yes the ADS light is on however d2 is right now dealing with a module for the light.

Hobgoblin985

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I experienced rubbing on the front fender liner tabs, on most dips/bumps right after installing the Eibach Prokit springs (18x8.5 35MM Konig wheels with stock Goodyear all seasons).

I rolled (folded over really) the fender liner tab and tucked the fender liner behind it.

No modification done yet, driver side view of the tab:
IMG_8397.jpg

Screw removed. You can also see where the tire rubbed through the fender liner.

IMG_8407.jpg

Yellow arrow: Side marker (for location reference)
Red arrow: Fender liner "rolled" or bent upwards against the inner fender. I then tucked the fender liner behind the tab to help hold it in place.

I would advise you heat up the tab prior rolling/bending to avoid cracking the paint like I did.

IMG_8844.jpg

Lots of discussion in the below thread regarding these springs. FYI

https://www.civicx.com/threads/fina...s-specific-to-si-coupe-sedan-by-eibach.16748/
Does it rub after this modification? I just lowered my si coupe on D2 springs with stock so wheels with 20mm spacers and I'm rubbing in that same exact spot

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Folding the tab fixed the rubbing for me. I run 235/40R18 with 18x8.5 35

fc1Ak

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Just lowered my car on eibach pro kit springs and was seeing if anyone has a problem with rubbing on the screw by the side markers and if there was a solution to this problem.
Yes take the screw out and bebt the tab..

Honda Civic 10th gen Tire Rub on side marker screws? 521CE073-747D-4016-A3F6-618C85D181E9
Sponsored